GPS TRACKER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did they steal it? Clone your key?
Yes, he did. I got the entire ordeal on my Nest Outdoor IQ camera. It was one guy, a younger guy (20-25). He had some type of electronic device.

The new Gen 3 will be parked in the garage.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bastard. Sorry you had to deal with this. Just added GPS tracker to my list to buy

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bastard. Sorry you had to deal with this. Just added GPS tracker to my list to buy
Thanks, but yeah…I think a hidden GPS tracker is a must. These are not cheap trucks and they stand out on the road.

Are you in Toronto as well?

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Not that anyone knows for sure, I'm guessing, but is that how the thieves actually disable the modem? Or are they disabling it in a different manner? Just wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience getting their truck back after it was stolen and the modem was disabled....

If that is how they're doing it, and it's that easy for them to bypass/disable the modem that's sending data to FordPass, it seems like there must be an "easy" way to add in additional fuse in parallel, hiding that additional fuse, so that even if the first fuse is pulled, the 2nd will act as a backup. I might look into that, and see what would be required. Basically, I'm guessing you can just find the wires going into/out of the fuse panel that connect to either side of Fuse 10 and put an additional fuse between those two wires, right? I wonder how difficult it would be to find the wires. Anyone know how I'd even figure out what wire colors? I'm looking for?
There's also of course the physical module, believe it's behind rear seat on the back wall of cab (inside of course). Pulling the cord out of that works just as well.

If you want good tracking to find thieves that are cloning keys (and thus likely are very familiar with the truck's design), I imagine the best option is a hidden non-factory tracker that only needs 12V. The stock system is guaranteed to offer zero protection against someone with that level of knowledge.