GPS TRACKER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
The thieves disable the gps that comes with it. They have a way, not sure how.
On a Gen2, Fuse 10 in the interior panel kills the 4G modem. Doesn't affect GPS functionality in truck, but the data isn't sent to Ford or its marketing partners, or their marketing partners, or the marketing partners of those marketing partners...

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is car theft a bigger problem in Canada? Seems like more folks from there have had it happen and they make up a fraction of the membership.
Yes, it is a big problem in Toronto, Canada. I am not sure about other Cities here though.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a Gen2, Fuse 10 in the interior panel kills the 4G modem. Doesn't affect GPS functionality in truck, but the data isn't sent to Ford or its marketing partners, or their marketing partners, or the marketing partners of those marketing partners...
Not that anyone knows for sure, I'm guessing, but is that how the thieves actually disable the modem? Or are they disabling it in a different manner? Just wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience getting their truck back after it was stolen and the modem was disabled....

If that is how they're doing it, and it's that easy for them to bypass/disable the modem that's sending data to FordPass, it seems like there must be an "easy" way to add in additional fuse in parallel, hiding that additional fuse, so that even if the first fuse is pulled, the 2nd will act as a backup. I might look into that, and see what would be required. Basically, I'm guessing you can just find the wires going into/out of the fuse panel that connect to either side of Fuse 10 and put an additional fuse between those two wires, right? I wonder how difficult it would be to find the wires. Anyone know how I'd even figure out what wire colors? I'm looking for?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that is how they're doing it, and it's that easy for them to bypass/disable the modem that's sending data to FordPass, it seems like there must be an "easy" way to add in additional fuse in parallel, hiding that additional fuse, so that even if the first fuse is pulled, the 2nd will act as a backup. I might look into that, and see what would be required. Basically, I'm guessing you can just find the wires going into/out of the fuse panel that connect to either side of Fuse 10 and put an additional fuse between those two wires, right? I wonder how difficult it would be to find the wires. Anyone know how I'd even figure out what wire colors? I'm looking for?

If you put two 10A fuses in parallel, you get a 20A fuse. More or less. Now a short circuit may be able to cause a fire ...

Safest would be to put a blown fuse in the box and a good fuse in your alternate location.

Rao in the 6

Reaction score
My raptor was stolen in Toronto. They used the rf method to clone a key. When I saw the truck after it was recovered the passenger side kick panel had been removed and one of the fuses was on the floor. The GPS didn’t show a location for a few days, but then all of a sudden it showed a location that was at the end of my street.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put two 10A fuses in parallel, you get a 20A fuse. More or less. Now a short circuit may be able to cause a fire ...

Safest would be to put a blown fuse in the box and a good fuse in your alternate location.
Oh, right, I was thinking about that wrong for sure! Oops! Yep, good idea with your blown fuse idea.
My raptor was stolen in Toronto. They used the rf method to clone a key. When I saw the truck after it was recovered the passenger side kick panel had been removed and one of the fuses was on the floor. The GPS didn’t show a location for a few days, but then all of a sudden it showed a location that was at the end of my street.
Am I missing something, or was your truck stolen, and then it took you a few days to find out that they only moved it to the end of the street? How long is your street?!? haha

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
l know the feeling, and it is not fun.

so, you got your Raptor Back?

Rao in the 6

Reaction score
Yeah I wrote that kind of weird. When I first checked the location on the ford app a few minutes after they stole it didn’t show anything for the location. Then suddenly while it was sitting in the police impound a few days later the ford pass app started showing a location again. It showed the end of my street. I’m guessing that was where they disabled the GPS.

Rao in the 6

Reaction score
Yes I did get it back. Still at the dealer though. The BCM had to be replaced, some wires for stuff like the horn were cut.