GPS maps outside of the US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be rocket science. Ford sells vehicles globally and they have local maps on them. Go visit your local Ford dealer who sells the normal local models and see if they'll let you pull the SD card out of one of the cars and plug into your Raptor. Keep in mind it'll probably only work on a 2013 Raptor - they updated the nav software from 2012 so the map data may not work in an older unit.

Navteq powers Ford's Sync MyFord Touch - Telecompaper

Location data provider Navteq has been selected by Ford Motor Company to be their exclusive map supplier for the Sync MyFord Touch in-vehicle navigation system. The agreement positions Navteq as the map data provider for the Sync with MyFord Touch SD-card based navigation system in North America, South America, Middle East, Russia and Europe. Navteq maps powers more than 24 million in-vehicle navigation systems worldwide. MyFord Touch featuring Navteq map data is scheduled to launch on multiple 2013 Ford and Lincoln vehicles in North America early next year with expanded features such as Navteq Voice, Speed Limit information, Enhanced Junction View Content, 3D Landmarks, and Navteq Traffic Patterns. The North American launch will be followed by the system's launch in South America, Europe, Russia and the Middle East. The available navigation system will also be equipped with some of Navteq's content specific to each respective region.

almunther6

Reaction score
It shouldn't be rocket science. Ford sells vehicles globally and they have local maps on them. Go visit your local Ford dealer who sells the normal local models and see if they'll let you pull the SD card out of one of the cars and plug into your Raptor. Keep in mind it'll probably only work on a 2013 Raptor - they updated the nav software from 2012 so the map data may not work in an older unit.

Navteq powers Ford's Sync MyFord Touch - Telecompaper

Location data provider Navteq has been selected by Ford Motor Company to be their exclusive map supplier for the Sync MyFord Touch in-vehicle navigation system. The agreement positions Navteq as the map data provider for the Sync with MyFord Touch SD-card based navigation system in North America, South America, Middle East, Russia and Europe. Navteq maps powers more than 24 million in-vehicle navigation systems worldwide. MyFord Touch featuring Navteq map data is scheduled to launch on multiple 2013 Ford and Lincoln vehicles in North America early next year with expanded features such as Navteq Voice, Speed Limit information, Enhanced Junction View Content, 3D Landmarks, and Navteq Traffic Patterns. The North American launch will be followed by the system's launch in South America, Europe, Russia and the Middle East. The available navigation system will also be equipped with some of Navteq's content specific to each respective region.

I checked our dealer but they said it wont work, actually they dont know and they dont want to bother themselves!! and i checked the Navi as you can see in the pic above it doesnt have the SD card .. and I checked at UAE dealer in Dubai they also said no it wont work, something related to the module and i can order the sd card if i want but i have to pay for it and test it, they also said that Ford Middle East has instruckted them NOT TO TOUCH ANY DIRECT IMPORTED RAPTOR !!! you dont have to ask why, i will answer, because they sell the raptor in the middle east for example the CrewCab for 74000$+ and they sell SuperCrew for 82000+ !! whereas i could get the roush SuperCrew for 70000$ approx !! and i got my car direct import for 59000$ approx and they lie at customers that when you get it direct import you lose your warranty although its a Factory Warranty.

Last edited:

Auto-Hentzschel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! we, Auto-Hentzschel offer what everyone need outside the states..... european navigation for all Ford sync systems. all original funtions are the same. the navigation is available in 44 languages and maps across the world online update for one year included.
its a special system (hardware and software) what need one day for installation!
any questions ask me!

Rorywg

Reaction score

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
alternatively, is it possible to buy electronic maps of the region (i am looking for UAE and Oman) to instal on an iPad and link to a GPS receiver? I have one of these (Dual XGPS150 E Bluetooth GPS Receiver - Detailed item view - Leading Flight Equipment, Pilot Supplies, Aircraft Equipment, Aviation Headsets) but i am struggling to find decent maps of the region. this is a problem- any advice?

Its all sand... What map would you need
Just use a kompas ;)

No but serieus. For europe i have the tomtom app on my iphone
Its awsume. And no need for a cell connection for it to work( gps only )

Wouldn't google maps work offline ??

Auto-Hentzschel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we could offer instalation for 2013+ models with add in Ford factory Navigation or change the complete Radio 2009-2012

here some pics
2009-2012
1-1 F150.jpg

2013+
2013+.jpg

availabe maps
Navi maps.jpg

all important lunguages are installed

Bader

Reaction score
What you are showing is a Ford Expedition head unit it's deferent than the Raptor I sell the same unit at my shop for a lot less
Thanks