GPS maps outside of the US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting. i have not heard of getting maps for other countries. as i stated above, that was the answer i got from everyone i spoke to.

Stijn

Reaction score
Navigation system europe

Dear All,
Just received my Raptor 2013 in Belgium. Happy 40Y old boy bought this as his own birthdaypresent.
I knew that the navigation system wouldn't work, but I believe it will. Any ideas here in the forum on how make this possible?
Thank you for your replies.
Stijn.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you import it from the states or buy it from a dealer over there? A lot of guys can't get the maps for countries outside the US and Canada. Not quite sure about Europe though. Most that I've seen who ask about it are in Dubai or another Middle Eastern country.

q8raptor

Reaction score
its true.. every dealer that provides the truck with the nav option has the maps to that specific country (atleast thats how it is in the middle east) All trucks w/nav sold through the dealers here in the middle east have middle east maps.

Now about that truck with the US maps.. dont bother going to the dealer they wont help you at all.. i've had the same problem for 2 years now been to the dealers in kuwait, bahrain and dubai.. they wont or cant do it.. i have no idea which one.. not one person at any of the dealers tells you the same thing. One claims the US spec trucks have totally different wiring harnesses and it cant be done even if you order a new head unit from the dealer.. the other says you can change the SD card but we cant order it and one other guy tell me it has to be a specific SD card and they cant tell which one and one even told me there isnt an SD card at all its programmed in the head unit..etc.

and as for the SD card one guy at a 4x4 shop in dubai claims to have changed the US maps to Gulf maps.. emailed the guy and even went there to talk to him ..he never replies and is never at the shop.. basically a dead end..

so far im looking to replace the oem unit with an afermarket unit w/navigation but i dont know which one fits best and maintains a factory look and works with the factory controls (ac, steering, camera etc)

basically thats it.. and if you find a solution let me know..

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Navteq does not have maps available for regions outside North America.

I've emailed them personally and they responded that the card is not available.

So until I see some rocking an MFT with a map outside of NA,

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!

Bader

Reaction score
Middle East GPS maps for 2012 Raptor

Hi all, I need help, I bought a used 2012 Raptor from Florida and have it shipped to Bahrain in the Middle East , the truck is equipped with navigation but it is showing US maps only I called the local dealer and asked if they can update the system and change the maps to the Middle East but they say that they have to order it from the US and it well cost around $1200. Dose any one know where I can get the maps and how can I do it my self?
I found videos on YouTube showing an SD card on the back of the head unit for the maps is it the same on the Raptor?
An ideas where can I order the SD card with Middle East Maps?