GPS maps outside of the US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not yet. this is a north american truck, ford does not ship them overseas. therefore does not provide any map data for other countries. all overseas raptors were shipped privately

izzyq8

Reaction score
GPS maps?

Hi all,
I own a ford raptor with ford sync touch screen. I had it imported from the USA to Kuwait. Any idea how i can find/download the maps of GCC countries and update the system?

Appreciated :)

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would email Ford. I would guess that they will update it free of cost due to the situation. I have heard of stories where updating the Sync Nav is a $199 fee.

izzyq8

Reaction score
I would email Ford. I would guess that they will update it free of cost due to the situation. I have heard of stories where updating the Sync Nav is a fee.

I prefer to not email ford and find an online solotioun even if i pay im fine with that :)

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From what I could find, Kuwait is not an available country. I sent the company that produces the maps an email. I'll let you know what they say.

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the UAE, Raptor owners are going after market. I have been in contact with the local dealer trying to get a good setup for my future Raptor. I will let you know what they come back with.

Bink

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Here is what the current owner provided for me. This truck was also shipped from the states.

"Hi Rob,

We have done quite a bit of investigating and have found that because this vehicle was shipped to a customer in the UAE without going through our homologation processes, all we are able to do is advise you and the Raptor customer to contact the UAE dealer, Al Tayer, regarding proper modification to the Nav. Please be aware, the modification will result in additional costs."

"Sounds like they would have to change the map disc or possibly use a computer to change the settings..
Let me know"

Bink

izzyq8

Reaction score
Here in the UAE, Raptor owners are going after market. I have been in contact with the local dealer trying to get a good setup for my future Raptor. I will let you know what they come back with.

Bink

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Here is what the current owner provided for me. This truck was also shipped from the states.

"Hi Rob,

We have done quite a bit of investigating and have found that because this vehicle was shipped to a customer in the UAE without going through our homologation processes, all we are able to do is advise you and the Raptor customer to contact the UAE dealer, Al Tayer, regarding proper modification to the Nav. Please be aware, the modification will result in additional costs."

"Sounds like they would have to change the map disc or possibly use a computer to change the settings..
Let me know"

Bink

How much you think the additional costs are?
Wouldnt mind shipping it to UAE to get it up and running