GPS error due to 37" tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People with 35's have this issue to so tires change is coincidental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not necessarily. 35's are actually bigger than stock BFGs depending on which brand you go to. I think it's fair to say that going to 37's may not be the only reason that the nav unit gets thrown off. But to say that it's simply coincidental at this point is incorrect. We have someone who went to 37's. Had the problem. Then went back to stock and the problem was gone. I had not issue and then switched to 37's and immediately saw the problem. It could be that people with non-stock 35's are having the issue but the nav is not that far off for them to notice because the size is close to the stock tire radius.

T1T.Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't bring up old ish but this totally helped me out and I would not have found it if it wasn't for RDFTS!!!

I don't use my GPS often but on trip where my girl drives we use it (since I may sleep and I don't need her getting us turned around...lol..). That being said I noticed the last trip to central florida the GPS was not showing me where i truly was. I would have me a block away from my location and some times up to 3 blocks away. On the high way (I95) it would show at one point an exit behind then later i'm an exit ahead.

Soooo step 1 for tomorrow will be to try the negative battery cable.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My GPS issue comes and goes. I'm running 37" and it usually is correct, but occasionally goes way off. Haven't done the batter thing, but I don't know how that'd be a permanent fix? Perhaps it is?