GOT TO KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
It kinda looked like this car just off the Strip near the Old Sahara Hotel
:people got out with about 2min to spare before it looked like this. Not just in the movies ;)
Be ready for the tires to blow or you will think your taking incoming Fire :)
508D1AB7-7FF1-4BF8-A0BE-3FC23B37719B.jpeg

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
That's a 300 hp Jeep JK btw
Baaahaa :) I always hated how F#<*king Gutless my Jeep’s were. I had an 06 with a 3 1/2” Teriflex lift, 35” winch etc. Heading up to Tahoe from Vegas, hit a head wind out of Beatty and could barely get 70mph floored. I almost pulled over and Shot it!! :(

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
300 Hp, nah, that's a JK wrangler even if it it was a 2013 or newer, it still only had 260 Up.....unless they spent another $30k to do a hemi swap....so, instead, they could have a raptor, or a v8 I'm 2 door
No sir, I've had 2 JK's, still have one and my oldest son has one, they are 290plus horse stock out of the factory, the earlier JK's pre 2012 were 100hp less, the ole 3.8 and the dog 4.0 litre was even worse than that.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
No sir, I've had 2 JK's, still have one and my oldest son has one, they are 290plus horse stock out of the factory, the earlier JK's pre 2012 were 100hp less, the ole 3.8 and the dog 4.0 litre was even worse than that.
I’d take my 06 up to Durango/Silverton area, it could NEVER find a F#<|king gear in the Mountains Errrrr, Errrrrrerrrrr, Errrrr :-(

FFCJ

Reaction score
300 HP????? I have a JK, gutless..... fun but gutless. Wranglers are not know for their horsepower. Probably for the best.

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285 HP/260 trq. I drive one now. Doesn’t feel like anywhere near this amount of power tho...

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
It depends on your gearing, the standards are a lot more peppy. They are cheap vehicles, better than what they used to be aat least.
I always loved my Jeep’s a blast to drive off road. Never had the top on. Wife used to think I was crazy, now she knows for sure. We r in Durango in Nov, staying at Purgatory, wheeling and hiking. It’s 30 degrees we have the top off and it’s snowing:) I give her my NorthFace Tundra Parka w/snorkel hood. She gets so hot, she has to unzip it Baaahaaa
Only way to make the Raptor better for me is to CUT THE TOP OFF :)

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an 06' Wrangler X strippy 4.0 with 6 speed manuel soft top on 32's .... that thing was pretty fast on the freeway....now my 89' wrangler carburetored 4.2 was a dog but couldn't beat the price of 13,800 out the door new.! However both could go wear ever you pointed them off road and I would never considered towing with a vehicle with such a short wheel base. ( I do realize that the newer Jeeps are larger / longer but just driving by them on the highway they seem under powered for towing)