Got to check out some Bronco Raptors today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fish144

Fish144

Reaction score
Forgot to mention one of the Ford guys said definitely a chip shortage on Raptors not parts atm, which is where i am stuck. He also said a ton of lightnings were built sitting in a parking lot unable to be shipped because they currently have the same brand tires that jeep? comes with on them and not fords brand they are sold with. cant remember which brand he quoted.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tail lights and fender flares look aftermarket. I am loving the 37” wheels and tires though.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like them either. I get it. I think the idea was to compete with a wrangler for off-roading. so makes sense not to have wider composite fenders. easy to damage based on what the use was more geared for, so it makes them easy to replace and cheaper to replace (especially when modding them for off-roading). but still don't like them.

Raptor name such a bad decision. warthog so much better. tarnishes the raptor brand. I am guessing the people who came up with the idea to carry the raptor name over is the same people thought it was a good idea to carry over the mustang name over to a SUV. electric mustang sportscar yes but not an suv. WTF were they thinking in both cases. bad ideas IMO

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor either F150 or Bronco is a Desert racer. Ford doesn't actually want to attack the wrangler in its own habit.

New R3P7ER

Reaction score
May not be the place for this but I figured someone might want a couple of pics. They have some here at Hangout Musicfest and the ford folks let me check them out. They are pretty sweet. Really liked the green.
Those flairs are fugly…Ford could have done a much better job. Looks like cheap aftermarket slap ons imo…

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be a desert racer but ford did go after the wrangler absolutely maybe not to be a hard core rock crawler but definitely to cut into market share.

the majority of the comparisons of the bronco are with the wrangler and I still stick with the flares were geared to the off road community that rock crawl and or will take them in tighter places than dunes (if at all) and the ability cheaply fix and mod for off-roading.

and still dont like the flares regargless

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
might be a desert racer but ford did go after the wrangler absolutely maybe not to be a hard core rock crawler but definitely to cut into market share.

the majority of the comparisons of the bronco are with the wrangler and I still stick with the flares were geared to the off road community that rock crawl and or will take them in tighter places than dunes (if at all) and the ability cheaply fix and mod for off-roading.

and still dont like the flares regargless
I understand 100 % the Bronco brand is an attack on the Jeep brand, most notably the Wrangler of course. But the Bronco Raptor is intended to be a Desert Racer not a rock crawler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free