Got my VIN!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my VIN yesterday after nearly 12 wks of waiting. Build week May 23rd. I guess I'm looking at the end of June now. The waiting is so frustrating!

OP
OP
cthomaschase

cthomaschase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my VIN yesterday after nearly 12 wks of waiting. Build week May 23rd. I guess I'm looking at the end of June now. The waiting is so frustrating!

dang, i figure mine will be about the same. waaaaaay longer than "quoted" by my dealer

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang, i figure mine will be about the same. waaaaaay longer than "quoted" by my dealer

I specifically asked my salesman about longer than his predicted two month wait. He brushed it off and said it has not happened to any of his past orders. I cant wait to give him hell about it when I pick mine up.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, congrats! I was able to see my window sticker also by pasting my VIN in your link. What can be learned from the window sticker? Any tips on dates or anything? Thanks!

OP
OP
cthomaschase

cthomaschase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, congrats! I was able to see my window sticker also by pasting my VIN in your link. What can be learned from the window sticker? Any tips on dates or anything? Thanks!

Not sure, I was hoping someone here knew how to decode this thing. It's supposed to be getting built tomorrow. Hopefully the good people of Dearborn are not thinking about the weekend when they're putting her together :)

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Look for the number in the upper left of the window sticker that starts with 220. The numbers following that are the build date in the following format: yymmdd.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look for the number in the upper left of the window sticker that starts with 220. The numbers following that are the build date in the following format: yymmdd.

Technically it's really a 2 followed by YYYYMMDD...which I know is similar to what you said, but I'm a nerd so datetime stamp formats are all about specifics for me given what I do for a living. lol.