Got my VIN today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you guested that the user name is from my boat.

I am new here. My daily driver is a 176" WB 2008 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel and desided to get something a little smaller. I have not done much if any off roading in the last 30+ years, I think my F250 has only been off road a dozen or so times. I enjoy camping, but I usually take my classic Datsun Sport 2L.
Before the F250, I had a 2000 Lighting. I have been getting a new truck about every 10 years, so I went to my local dealer to look at Std Cab short bed F150s.
There is not much choice and I gotten used to all Lariat bells and whistles.
I drove a 2.7, 3.5 and 5.0 short bed XL and XLT SCABs as no one in my area had a Lariat.
If I am going to Order it anyway, I deside to get a SCAB Raptor for the better ride and shorter WB.

This might be the last truck I buy as I am 72. I thought the F250 was going to be my last truck.

I placed the order on 4/4/19. Today, I got this email from Penske Ford in La Mesa

"Good afternoon Mr. Erickson!

We have a VIN # for your Raptor!!! VIN # 1FTEX1RG1KFCXXXXX

Your Raptor is scheduled to go into production Week of May 6, 2019. Once it goes into production, I will keep you updated with its progress to getting to sunny San Diego.

WAHOO

Phil

Last edited: