Got my Raptor $2,940 under MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
As expected they checked and then told me the truck was sold. It is now back on their web site with a 5k ADM on it.

Autonation Ford Gulf Freeway in Houston quoted me MSRP with a quick phone call. If you stop by in person I bet you could get them to come off a little bit. Good luck!

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post here but been lurking on this website a lot as I was getting ready to purchase my first Raptor. Oxford White SCREW, 802A, several other options for a MSRP of $69,940. Negotiated purchase price of $67,000. I am in Houston, TX and figured others would appreciate the info if in the market. Every other dealer was either still at MSRP or $5,000 over. The deals are out there if you put in some work and talk to a bunch of dealers.

Love this thing!

Nice looking Raptor wheel82, congrats!! I too was able to find an 2018 at slightly under MSRP. I had to order and now in the waiting game until mid-to-late May. Gives me time for research and deciding which mods to start with. Really like the AFE Raptor Cold Air Intake kits and the light kits for the front bumper cut-outs...

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

And next year they will be had at invoice in some places. Just a matter of waiting for market saturation.

Yep and I hope these greedy CA dealers choke on 'em!! Back in 2008 my LFD had two GT500's they wanted $24K over MSRP and needless to say they were still there 18 mos. later. Went from showroom floor to sitting in corner of lot - filthy and the ADM window sticker was so faded from the sun you couldn't read it any more...just smiled.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not in any rush to get one, but if they would have honored the 7k off of course I would have drove down to pick it up.

Sorry it didn’t work out. I too thought it looked fishy. They actually listed two Raptors but the second was another F-150. Seems whose ever running their website could do a better job in its design and updates.

On the subject- I managed to get a Lightening Blue super crew 802A w/ beadlocks at MSRP. The key here was I had to agree to their financing (which was 0.1 higher than what I was given by my bank). The irony was I got it from a dealer in town and originally they quoted 10k over

Interestingly I was told in my search nationwide that many dealers were over MSRP because their wholesaler paid over. So being curious, I asked why seeing that all vehicles are rarely sold at MSRP and many F-150s in the same price bracket (King Ranch and Platinums) were selling for thousands off. He stated that Ford allocated X number of Raptors to dealerships based off previous sales history (didn’t specify if this was trucks or specialty cars). So dealerships in many cases were only going to see a few while some in Places like Texas, were going to see a lot.

If the deal was local- most of the dealers I called in Houston, Texas, were at MSRP, if you were local. Their reasoning was they would gain you as a lifelong customer. If not- 5-10k over. They said this made them less appealing to out of towners and less likely to be snatched up by dealerships who wanted to take allotments. Made sense except some places in town were still upcharging. That’s just gouging and hoping for the right customer.

I’m just curious if the engine rumors are true, will this kill the value of the EcoBoost rigs. That’s for another thread I guess.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just curious if the engine rumors are true, will this kill the value of the EcoBoost rigs. That’s for another thread I guess.

I wouldn't bet the whole farm, but I would bet most of it that there is NO WAY Ford will kill the EB in the Raptor, they are putting an ECOBooooost into the new GT for crying out loud.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet the whole farm, but I would bet most of it that there is NO WAY Ford will kill the EB in the Raptor, they are putting an ECOBooooost into the new GT for crying out loud.

Agreed but it can't be ignored that the engine has been very polarizing for the die hards. Im easier to convince having come from a GTR. This engine should be easy to see loads of power with correct tuning/ hardware. I saw the Raptor as a mix of my previous car/ truck. The GTR and the FJ Cruiser with long travel suspension. Best of both worlds

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My take on the EB is if ford had their way it would be the only engines offered. The only reason the 5.0 is still available in the F150 is because there are too many old codgers out there that refuse to accept technology and think a truck isn't a truck without a V-8. Same goes for the Mustang GT

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And next year they will be had at invoice in some places. Just a matter of waiting for market saturation.

How many years are you suggesting people wait?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

You're obviously new around here.

Yes, the rumors are true. There'll be a big block V-8 with a supercharger. Wait for it.

By the way, there is already "another thread" on this but you haven't been able to find it because it's hidden

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many years are you suggesting people wait?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

You're obviously new around here.

Yes, the rumors are true. There'll be a big block V-8 with a supercharger. Wait for it.

By the way, there is already "another thread" on this but you haven't been able to find it because it's hidden

You mean the thread with all the assumptions and BS? There were two I found yesterday based off garbage articles on the internet. While I can’t say it’s not possible, the reality was the EB was mainly for gov standards for fuel consumption and the GT engine allowed them to compete with more controls (weight, boost,etc) vs the NA Vettes. I could see Ford doing the 7.0 L. but with power so easily made from the EB, it begs the question as to why (other than for the “no replacement for displacement” guys except they all add “except for boost” anyways)

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would Ford change the engine out on the Raptor? Sales are just fine considering many dealers are still getting ADM's 2 years after the trucks release. I just don't see why Ford would make that change as it goes against their entire fleet design.