Got my Raptor $2,940 under MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE

Did you trade anything in when buying the truck? Any other fees added to the $67,000 other than tax and title?

Trade In and got what I was expecting. No other fees added.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you did some really good negotiating and got a great price, but you really can't tell people that you bought the truck for less than MSRP because your deal is confounded with a trade-in deal. The only way you can tell what you really paid is when there are no other strings attached. Either way, I believe you when you say you got a great deal, so congratulations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
Trade In and got what I was expecting. No other fees added.

I'm sure you did some really good negotiating and got a great price, but you really can't tell people that you bought the truck for less than MSRP because your deal is confounded with a trade-in deal. The only way you can tell what you really paid is when there are no other strings attached. Either way, I believe you when you say you got a great deal, so congratulations.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree with this however the price was negotiated before trade in was ever even mentioned. Negotiated via text messages before I ever stepped foot into the dealership.

Once I had the price on the Raptor that I wanted my next step was to get a fair price on my trade in. If I received a lowball offer then I was not going to go through with the purchase. The trade in fell within the price range of all the online appraisals that I looked at.

OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
Dealer name? I am trying to buy today

Send me a message if you are serious. I do not believe that they have any in stock at the moment however they have several "In Transit". I do not want to just put out their info for all to see without their consent.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealer in Houston selling below MSRP...... Seriously considering throwing the BS flag on this one considering Houston dealers are offering to buy from other dealers over msrp to have inventory.

OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
A dealer in Houston selling below MSRP...... Seriously considering throwing the BS flag on this one considering Houston dealers are offering to buy from other dealers over msrp to have inventory.

OK...

Dealer in a suburb of Houston on southeast side of town. Another dealer quoted me MSRP with a quick phone call. Others still wanted $5k over. Do some work and you can find a deal...or just say people are lying which is highly constructive.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every time someone post an under MSRP deal it's the same collection of people claiming BS. Hell, there are dealers posting MSRP trucks on here and the facebook page daily. Why wouldn't you think you could pick one up below MSRP outside of the west coast/ texas/colorado/arizona area. I found 2 dealers under MSRP (they are both out of allocations now) on orders 6 months ago after contacting 6-7 dealers. ADM is regional and harder to get now with less people willing to drop 5-15k over msrp. We are a few months out from the 19 order banks opening up. Production is catching up to demand....

With that said.... If you see a truck close to what you are looking for at MSRP in stock go for it! I would have gladly paid MSRP if I could have found a 802a Scab without stickers, tech, and moonroof. Honestly, if I would have found a Screw with 802a, minus tech, stickers, and moonroof in blue or white I probably would have pulled the trigger.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TheWheel82,
Good job!It takes work, but is doable. Back in 12/12 I ordered and paid for my 2013 Blue Flame screw, 801a, moon roof, spray in bed liner, upgraded stereo/Nav. I shopped to 20 dealers and ended up paying $48,000+ for a MSRP of $52,000+. Three months later it was delivered in a Blizzard...buried under a foot and a half of snow. I left it there for 3 weeks until all of the salt was off of the road. Picked it up and drove it to ZIEBART. Now 102,000+ miles later I still love it!
Congratulations...you've got an even better truck!

Eddie

audipwr1

Reaction score
Best I have after 1 day of work is Msrp plus 799" doc fee but it's also a 1700 transport to CA

If anyone has any other leads on a black screw 802a without other crap I'd appreciate the lead