Got it! First thoughts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll do my best to figure out how to post some pictures, but I thought I'd share a few of my first impressions of this ride.

Appearance – Well, I already knew I’d like it – but I had never seen the silver with graphics combo in real-life before. It looks fantastic – especially in the sun. Everybody has their own favorite colors, but I have to say that silver is one of the better colors to have if you go with the factory graphics. Already have had a lot of neighbors drop by just to look at it…you don’t get that when you bring home a new Camry!

Blue Interior – Also have to say I am really happy with the way it looks. I was worried about the external silver/ internal blue combo but it works really well together. I saw another raptor on the lot without the blue and it just doesn’t have that “this is a special truck” feel IMO

Handling – Coming from a sporty sedan, I have to say it handles like a truck . It’s a little sluggish to get up and go (compared to what I had) but still pretty peppy! I had no problem passing on the freeway and even @ stock the exhaust note sounds nice at certain RPM’s. But unlike my previous sedan, I had a chance to do a little dirt-roading and this baby cruises over the potholes and ruts as smoothly as riding down the freeway.

MyFordTouch – So far I am very impressed. I guess I had some low expectations after reading other opinions, but for me I like it a lot. Never expected that I could see weather radar around me, live gas-prices (that’ll be important!) on top of the usual things you get with navigation. The voice command system seems to work really well and the system so far has been very responsive. Do I need all the bells and whistles? No…I can do ¾ of it with my smart-phone – but money well spent IMO. The only downside is I will probably need several hours just to sit through all the configurations that are possible. I’m an IT guy so I can’t leave stuff like this alone.

Audio – The Sony sound system is much better than I expected too. I actually dislike Sony a lot so I was ready to hate it – but it is a great sound & bass even before I start messing with the levels. The Sirus is nice I guess, but I don’t do a lot of long distance driving so I’ll probably not renew it when the trial is over…but the HD radio feature is awesome and opens up a whole new world of radio that I’d never had before. (Did I mention it sounds awesome too?)

Parking – this is going to be a daily challenge. Already I see it likes to butt up close to both the white lines so will probably get dinged by the careless folks who park next to me. Parking garages may be a challenge too in some places. If you were already driving a truck before-hand then probably not a big deal, but for me it is something I’ll need to retrain myself on.

Front Camera - Was it a waste of money I wonder? I'm new to off-pavement driving so I am not sure how many times I can actually turn it on. Guess it may pay for itself the first time I do actually need it.

Console / Digital Display - Great job Ford! Colors look awesome and you can see information on whatever you can imagine. Maybe the one missing option is the "lie to me about my MPG"!

Best Kept Secret? - You get a free 30cent SVT sunglass cleaner when you pick up your $50,000 truck :cool:

Unfortunately my weekend is busy with other activities that are keeping me away from my new ride, but I’ll be sure to post more of my thoughts as they happen!

See you on the road….

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats.
The Sony sound ooooooook at first, but after awhile you'll notice that you can never really dial in the settings. You'll have to adjust it every time you change genres. But overall is alright.

HarleyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!!!! and thanks for posting the info/feedback......:head3:
Still a few months away from my SVT sunglass cleaner kit :shrug:

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as for the parking issue note that small cars cant door ding you because the steps ! usually if you hit the spot strait and are in both lines you don't have to worry.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as for the parking issue note that small cars cant door ding you because the steps ! usually if you hit the spot strait and are in both lines you don't have to worry.

Yeah, that's why I plan on parking away from the traffic as well. That way shouldn't have to worry as much.