Gorilla Lug Nuts Suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy K

Reaction score
I had a set rust at just under a year old, contacted Gorilla and had them taken care of under warranty. No problems and great customer service. Just had to send pictures, even got to keep rusted ones that I put back on for winter salt and snow.

Screenshot_20210103-111137_Gallery.jpg

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. The only things I buy off Amazon are books and cheap ass commodity products that are hard to get locally. I'm tired of playing the counterfeit lottery.

I've done the same. What I do buy, I look hard at who's selling it. Gun parts, truck parts, any electronics, all full of knock off crap. I've been surprised how many companies now have warnings on their sites about the crap on Amazon and eBay and on how they will not warranty stuff bought on there because they aren't authorized sellers.

OP
OP
FDHog

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't get them from Amazon. I think CJ Pony Parts. Will try getting in touch with Gorilla and see what their response is. Used an impact on one wheel after a flat. I use a torque wrench

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't get them from Amazon. I think CJ Pony Parts. Will try getting in touch with Gorilla and see what their response is. Used an impact on one wheel after a flat. I use a torque wrench
Impact shoudn't hurt them, that's all I've used, lol.

OP
OP
FDHog

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeremy, mine look exactly like that. Sent an e mail to Gorilla. Waiting to see what happens.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read that McGard is high quality. Their price seems to imply that. Any experience with them?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read that McGard is high quality. Their price seems to imply that. Any experience with them?

I've only had mine 8 months and my truck sleeps on a goose down pillow in the garage, but so far, so good. There's been a few threads in here on lugs, and I've yet to see anyone with a negative experience with McGuard lugs. There's been several guys that had problems with Gorilla's, but there's a lot of guys that are happy with them too. I figured I'd drop the extra coin for McGuard's and not have to think about them anymore.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went through this too, I bought mine through eBay all 24 for $89.95 free shipping, had them replaced under warranty.
Had the new ones on for three months and started again, after a bunch pictures and back and forth, they replaced them again.

After scratching my head and trying figure out how to prevent this from happening again, I looked at the inside of my socket that I've been using.
Turns out that my old flat black impact socket is pretty much shot for using on Black Chrome lug nuts.
I bought a new black impact socket for Lug nuts (seems to have the same coating as the lug nuts) and all is good now.
And I use a DeWalt 150 lbs. battery impact gun.

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I got spline drives on my car and bulge nuts on my Raptor - Mcgards are very good quality and I recommend them.