Gorilla Lug Nuts Suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put black gorilla lug nuts on during the summer. 1 snow storm and the suckers are rusted. Never had this happen before. I had them on 2 previous trucks and they never did this before.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about getting them, this has changed my mind! Sorry to hear about the experience

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know Amazon is full of knock-offs on all this type of stuff anymore.

Yup. The only things I buy off Amazon are books and cheap ass commodity products that are hard to get locally. I'm tired of playing the counterfeit lottery.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
x2
You even have to watch out for knock off Motorcraft parts on Amazon.

I’ve seen this video before but it’s got me thinking about a fleet pack of MC oil filters I bought off of amazon.
When I got them, I did compare them to a filter I got from the dealer. To me it looked and felt identical.

To the OP, I don’t have any experience with Gorilla nuts - I’ve always been a McGard guy.

Perhaps you could contact the vendor - maybe you got a bad batch or they could be chinesium.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

It does sound like knock-offs as we sell Gorilla’s and run them on our trucks, no issues. Do you use an impact on them?