GoRecon tailights throwing fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloonDog

Reaction score
I just installed a set of GoRecon 264268LEDBK smoked tail lights and while they look and fit awesome, I get 2 faults on my dash. First is a Blind Spot Fault and then a Cross Traffic fault. I double checked my connections and then reinstalled the OEM lights and the errors went away. Called GoRecon and they are stumped. I do have a set of Baja Designs reverse lights wired into my reverse lights via a vampire tap, but if that was the issue I'd think it would affect the OEM too.

Any ideas before I send these back?

Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nothing here. I’d take the lesson and send them back.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try having your sensors reflashed. I recently changed mine out to the Recon due to a leak in my stock tail lights. Replaced the blind spot sensor at the same time. We had to reflash the system since the new sensor would not adapt. No issues since.

OP
OP
F

FloonDog

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m thinking I might just paint the OEM ones. I sent them back since all I got from GoRecon customer service was “They should work” and “That shouldn’t happen”.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m thinking I might just paint the OEM ones. I sent them back since all I got from GoRecon customer service was “They should work” and “That shouldn’t happen”.

Where I’m from, we call that: A clue.
they don’t know and it’s likely they may not have been tested on an 802a truck.

@BHollier’s idea may also be worth trying first.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
unplug the light completely, including sensors.

start the truck.

Turn the truck off.

Reconnect the light and sensors.

start the truck.

If that doesnt clear the fault, send the lights back.

The airbag system uses the same reset logic, so maybe it will work!