GoRecon Lights Defective (Customer Service STINKS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vettster

Reaction score
I already posted this in another thread but here is my experience:
Screw Recon!
I got my order confirmation and they had the shipper and the address listed wrong.
When I ordered, I requested that they use UPS only. I even offered to pay extra for UPS.
The thing is that UPS has a presence here in Mexico rather than the other companies (fed-ex, dhl etc) that contract out to "locals" to do the final delivery. This makes a big difference in customs duties and lots of times the difference if the item will get delivered at all.
Anyway, when I called them back to re-confirm the address and the shipper I spoke with a man that could only be described as having a "bunch of attitude".
He grumbled around and stated that "UPS is not the only company to ship to Mexico". He stated that their way was the only way the items would be shipped.
I told him that if they could not ship to the agreed address by the agreed to carrier I would have to cancel the order. He hung up on me...
Five minutes later, my Crackberry went off. I had an e-mail from their supervisor stating that he could ship UPS if I needed it.
I called him back and in speaking to him, re-instated the order. He stated at this time that the items would not ship until the following Monday. (12 march)
As of 26 March, I still had not gotten any order confirmation. Sent them an e-mail stating that I was going out of the country and if the order had not been shipped, please cancel.
No word back... Recon.

StrayCat

Reaction score
Me thinks you would have have to be a stooge to deal with them, But Hell I hear the three stooges are making a come back, so to each is own! I'm just saying! Ryan might actually be Ryan!

OP
OP
GvegasRaptor

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RECON got back to me yesterday and said they had some customer service issues and they assured me they were dealing with them. They are sending me out a new set of tails which should be here by Thursday. I spoke to Danny and also received an email from Ryan Quinn. When I was emailing Ryan Quinn I also got an email from Ryan Baker which both emails were apologizing for the issues. RECON has some great looking products I will keep everyone posted.

Also one other more bit of info: FRF has always pointed me in the right direction and I have gotten some great products here, so I will continue to listen to everyone's feedback. Without FRF I hope the outcome would have been the same but FRF had a big part of getting this issue resolved extremely fast. Thanks everyone!!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
RECON got back to me yesterday and said they had some customer service issues and they assured me they were dealing with them. They are sending me out a new set of tails which should be here by Thursday. I spoke to Danny and also received an email from Ryan Quinn. When I was emailing Ryan Quinn I also got an email from Ryan Baker which both emails were apologizing for the issues. RECON has some great looking products I will keep everyone posted.

Also one other more bit of info: FRF has always pointed me in the right direction and I have gotten some great products here, so I will continue to listen to everyone's feedback. Without FRF I hope the outcome would have been the same but FRF had a big part of getting this issue resolved extremely fast. Thanks everyone!!

I'm glad we could help.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I have been on this site, I have not heard one positive story about this company.....

rwinn

Reaction score
DO NOT BUY THESE LIGHTS I REPEAT DO NOT BUY THESE LIGHTS!!!!!

The Halo's go out because the inverter box's self destruct! They burn up and can cause damage to your truck! I have had this happen not once, but twice to both headlights!
I have called MULTIPLE times today after pressing them on this and they are unwilling to switch out the dangerous headlights.

THEY CREATED A NEW HALO RECON HEADLIGHT THAT DOESNT HAVE INVERTER BOXES!!!! HMMMMMMMMMMMM

I told them of my issues and the boxes catching on fire and all they do is tell me to purchase the new style headlights. This is complete BS! They have a product that they sold that could literally burn your truck up. Clay (manager) told me he would replace the head light and then shortly after hangs up on me! This is a faceless company for a reason!!! (no owner/one phone line to call/don't answer their phone calls/hang up on you). You will not get anywhere with this company!

#halo #haloheadlight #haloheadlights #gorecon #goreconlights #dontriskyourvehiclecatchingonfire #firerisk