GEN 2 GOOSETUNED!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would give a review and give a shoutout to @wgr73 on here...

As a background I've been paying for tuning since about 2011 when I was driving a 2006 F350 6.0L diesel. I bought an SCT tuner and got custom tunes directly from SCT which were great. There was no logging or additional tuning to be done but basically just a tuner with a few "custom" tunes that were particular to my truck with the mods done. After that I was in a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7L Hemi and got my tunes from Diablo which were semi custom in my opinion. They sent me the tunes and I logged for them so they could basically search for any abnormalities or concerns. After that I went to my first brand new vehicle ever which was a 2014 F150 FX4 with the 1st Gen 3.5L Ecoboost. At about 10,000 miles I went over to 5* tuning and got quite a few custom tunes. I was satisfied with the towing tune and the 93 perf/tow tune but it was a little sloppy. I called up and was sold into another tune which was a full custom performance tune that was built for my truck and my mods. The truck had gobs of power but was not very "driveable" as a daily driver. I called up and asked if I should log and I was informed that I "could" and they can take a look at it. I did a few logging sessions and sent them over but didnt' hear anything back for over a week. I sent them a nasty gram and still was not very impressed with the customer service or the "fix". It was basically that everything looked normal and they could tweak it if I wanted them to but all seemed to look good. I explained it wasn't very smooth or driveable but nothing ever came of it. I sent another nasty gram and a higher level person called me and offered to adjust my tune for me but it was too late for me at that point - they left a bad taste in my mouth. After 5-star I paid a visit to MPT tuning who provided a good tune but it was much of the same as in they could tweak it if I wanted them to but all looks normal. I chalked it up to it being me and wen't back to the more tame 93 perf/tow tune from 5-star since it was a decent daily driver tune. I kept that tune on their until I sold the truck last year - enter the 2019 Raptor!!

I've got about 14,000 miles on the truck right now. I installed the accessport from Cobb about 4,000 miles ago and I love the tuner itself. I'm able to get rid of the pesky start/stop and their stage 1 tune with the OEM+ TCM tune is great. It adds a little power but I was definitely impressed with the smoothness of it all. I ran that for a while and wanted to upgrade to stage 2 but not without a new intercooler. I went with the CVF Titan which I installed about two weeks ago. I was going to upload the COBB stage 2 because I was so impressed with the driveability of their stage 1 and OEM+ tunes until I realized that they don't offer a towing tune. I searched around and read about this goosetune so I sent a message to Winfield.

He explained the process and sent me over to the website to buy a tune. I told him I wanted a TCM tune and the stage 2 tune as well as a tow tune. His response time was almost immediate with everything. He explained that I should definitely go with a separate tow and performance tune instead of wrapping them up into one. After I purchased the TCM and ECM tune, I put in the notes that I wanted the additional tune to be a towing tune instead of a different octane stage 2 tune. He actually said that it was a separate charge but threw it in for free!! I uploaded the TCM and the initial stage 2 tune and I could not believe that the TCM tune was actually smoother and better set than the COBB OEM+ tune. In addition, the stage 2 delivered the power so smoothly it was like silk. To make a long story short - From his directions I logged a pull and sent it to him to go over and tweak. We went back and forth probably six different times until he was satisfied with my numbers. Each time I could feel subtle differences and just kept getting more and more amazed as to how smooth the power delivery is. At this point I am completely done logging and my tune has been finalized. This has been the absolute best experience I've ever had with tuning and I coulnd't recommend him enough. Everything is top notch to include the tune, his response time, customer service, and finally the price. It is definitely money very well spent. Don't hesitate if you are looking to go goosetuned! Thanks Winfield!

One more thing - for those that think I'm an ass for dropping names of the other companies...

I am not dropping names to talk badly about any of them. They are all good in their own right but just offer a different service. Winfield is just on a different level than the rest in my experience and I definitely think he needed to be noticed for it.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As in a picture of it installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry no. I will say that it was very easy and everything fit great. The quality of the intercooler is top notch and definitely cooled things off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winfield is a great guy with excellent response time I have only chatted with him and was going to purchase his tune, but I wanted to finish everything with my truck before going with his tune.

On this side of the world his tunes are getting very positive feedback and to be honest I tested a truck with his tune.And that truck was smooth like butter nothing compared to my tune.

Glad everything worked for you.

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second your thoughts on the tune from Winfield. Been around the tuning deal for quite some time. His responsiveness and actual tunes are great. I am only using the Stage 1 with TCM and the truck is smooth and alive which is all I needed. May do the intercooler and up to the Stage 2 in the future. Extremely happy with the results. If you are on the fence - hope this helps.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you guys very very much!!! I am extremely humbled by the positive feedback and really can’t thank you guys enough. It means a lot that you guys enjoy my work and I will continue to provide that level of service that you all appreciate. Thanks once again!

Cronex

Reaction score
I too would like to echo the positive work from GooseTune. This week marks my 30 day post final edited tune from GooseTune. Night and day different. If you enjoyed the stock power before the tune, "look out" your driving experience will soon be off the charts. Super fun to drive after GooseTune. Don't hesitate, work with GooseTune.

Chattanooga TN