Goosetuned is the best!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Winfield, I am in ABQ - when we tune my truck would there be any reason for me to come to Las Cruces, like for example, do you have a Dyno (or access to a Dyno) for the tuning? Or can we do remote data logging and get the same results? Thanks for any info!

Yo! The results would be the same on or off the dyno, but it's completely up to you if you want to be on the dyno or not. Might save some time to do email tuning if all you're looking for are the same results.

I can also set you up with a buddy up there who has a dyno, I can remote tune that way as well.

Mike H3

Reaction score
This thread primary, but others on here as well is the reason I went with GooseTuned... Winfield.
So, thank you to the forum members who have posted/shared.

For the record;
the only turbo vehicles I've owned are my 2012 F150 3.5eb (traded in for), and now my 2019 F150 Limited 3.5eb HO.
I've never used any tuner (other than dyno tuning chip-burning) previously, so, I have nothing to judge/compare.
I do have a 2019 Jeep SRT... and I've been drag racing my '92 Foxbody notch since '96... It's street/strip, not a race car.
So, I'm no expert on turbo vehicles, nor tuners, 'cept the one local, with a dyno.
k.

After e-mailing GooseTuned for 6-7 months now, on and off, and always receiving prompt, on-point replys...
I finally placed my order Thursday afternoon, within minutes I was getting confirmation/notifications, instructions, then a personal e-mail from Winfield... and then shipping confirmation(s)... Saturday at 12:15pm the box arrived at the door. technically, less than 2 days.
Didn't have time to install until this morning (Sunday).

There was some hiccups with the loaded tune on the AccessPort, 'cause I'm that guy with a Limited, not a Raptor, regardless, I installed the COBB ecu/tcm tunes since I was set up and playing around... then took it for a drive. COBB tunes are indeed a nice improvement. I like/d them.

So, I e-mailed Winfield, and even though it was Sunday morning, he responded... we got the info he needed off the AccessPort and... then he sent me a tune! On a Sunday.. I just checked my e-mails, and, that was all sorted in 50 minutes exactly.
The file loaded with ease, and, because I'm that Limited guy, the TCM tune will come later... like I mentioned, it's Sunday, so, I told Winfield to get it to me later... not a big deal on my end.

I I took it for a spin with the 'base' GooseTuned ecm, and COBB tcm.
Now, Winfields instructions say not to go WOT until the data logging/tuning process is complete, so I honored that... and it's really hard to explain the difference, but I'll try.

Just poking around... it's hard to explain, but, it's simply more spirited, without being "ON".
It's like the truck dropped 1000-1500lbs... until you go to brake, then you realize you got to scooting along there more than you are accustomed to.
At ~half~ throttle it’s a lot of fun already.
I like how it makes full boost (judging by the factory gauge-thing) so low in the rpms now.
With the COBB tcm, it’s shifting around 3500-3700rpm at ~half~ throttle, and goes through the gears rather well.
Stock it would pull up around 4500-4700, with only partial boost… felt like it was “working”…
Now it just scoots with little effort... and goes through the gears early and efficiently...
It'll also drop a gear or two like a champ if you lean into the throttle a little from a cruise... stock it would just load up and lumber and slowly build revs... You really had to jab the throttle for it to downshift, and when it did it was too low, and a mess of rev's and drama would ensue.
So far poking about and ~half~ throttle impressions?
I'm blown away.
If the GooseTuned TCM is an improvement on the COBB... I'll be truely amazed.
If Winfield is able to dial this thing in better than it is now with the base file... I mean, I'm already impressed.

Thanks again to the forum members who have posted/shared, I thought I should do the same.
Hope this helps someone.

Take care.
Mike H.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks a ton Mike!!! I'm happy you're enjoying the base files! It'll get better as we refine :)

Mike H3

Reaction score
Thank you sir.
And to those following along... he just sent a custom trans tune via e-mail... and didn't even note it here.
Unbelievable.
Taking care of business.. behind the scenes.
On a Sunday.

And I'm so excited, I'm headed out to my truck... and it's over 110* in the shade on my back patio/porch/whatever... in the shade.

Mike H3

Reaction score
So I loaded up the GooseTuned TCM last night... my truck is my daily driver, so, this morning I headed off to work, 12 miles, 4 of it on a very empty freeway (4am) the rest surface streets with speeds typically around 40mph, but traffic seems to roll around at near 50mph.

My drive in was essentially on empty roads (4am) and, well... simply babying the rig around, I was not able to notice if the Goose TCM was changed/improved over the COBB. Sorry, just being honest.
The drive home however, which is all surface streets, and at 1:30pm, with a mess of folks trying to go 50mph, and a good number lost or on their phone plugging up the roads at 35mph... I really got to see just what the Goose TCM is all about... daily driving at half or less throttle.
The transmission is now telepathically communicating with my brain... and reading the slightest inputs from throttle action, and reacting with immediacy... but never harsh.
Decent break in the next lane and a slower vehicle in front, ease into the throttle and it just responds with nice smooth power.
Smaller break, and again a slow(r) car, stab the throttle just enough to mean it, and it grabs a gear, or two, and is gone.
Rolling into the throttle nice and easy, then realize you need just a bit more, and roll it down a bit more, bingo, gear change.
The factory tune, under these situations, would just hold 6th or 8th or whatever and try and go, until you got really assertive with the throttle and went all silly, then it would grab a handfull of gears and act all silly.

Back to my Jeep SRT.
That 8hp70 is a sweetheart with the SRT tune, especially so in sport mode (which is nothing like race mode).
Way back I asked Winfield if he could get this 10R80 to act like the Jeep.
His response was something to the effect of "they are very different transmissions"... which to me, meant no.
He tricked me.
I think what he meant by his response was...you're going to wish I tuned SRT's once you drive your truck.

Again, all of this is part/half throttle... I'm 53 9hope that exudes maturity) and my 12 year old dog rides with me, up front, and she doesn't like turns, much less hard accel./braking... so there was no "Burt Reynolds" type driving, just getting around in traffic... wanting to be home after a day in the sand box...

Take Care.

Mike H3

Reaction score
Well, I went out to data log this morning... early morning, still dark.
Decided to go to the far north west corner of the city, new 4 lane with a big center divide, and almost always abandoned.
Stopped at a relatively local Shell Station to top off near home, but my card got shut down at $95. I figured that would have to do.
I looked for Shells my entire drive across town, and finally saw one right before I though I had a good spot to make a couple pulls, so I filled her up... another $26. (that's $121 for 3/4's a tank of gas - man - Shell sure is proud of their gas!)
The 1/4 tank that was remaining was QT 91oct, and as I noted I had to use my card twice top add 3/4 tank of Shell 91oct...
Well, it's a long weekend, and it's a good road to go to a lake, and, the road was full of pickups/SUVs hauling boats and jet-skies.
Anyways, pulling onto the shoulder, and waiting until I couldn't see a soul seemed the best idea.
Was a lot of fun.
I didn't need near as much room as I was allowing for. This thing is faster than it feels.

Had my '19 Jeep SRT out today (wifes daily driver) and that thing rips! when it's on song...
But the Goose'd F150 Limited is so strong in the low-mid range.
Both are a lot of fun.

Last edited:

dprdmd

Reaction score
I want to do a tune but I have a few questions. I have a 2020 with 20,000 miles and it runs flawlessly.
1. If i install tune prior to Ford dealer service will they be able to tell i ever ran the tune?
2.I plan to keep the truck for a while (unless I can’t resist a Gen 3 haha)…does anyone think there are long term adverse effects to the engine? I change oil every 5k.
Thanks for your help.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a goose tuned 2020 and have been loving it for the past 20k miles My question is; I have a recall for the PCM for engine shudder and cam phaser rattle. If I get this done, will I have to be re-tuned?
Thanks, Chris

MagneticScrew

Reaction score
I have a goose tuned 2020 and have been loving it for the past 20k miles My question is; I have a recall for the PCM for engine shudder and cam phaser rattle. If I get this done, will I have to be re-tuned?
Thanks, Chris
I have Goose Stage 1 91 octane with the Goose TCM, and I just had my PCM update done at the local dealership yesterday. I completely uninstalled the access port from the truck, so both the ECU and TCM tune. I checked a few times afterward to make sure that plugging in the access port ONLY gave me the option to install the access port and not select a tune. If you can still select a tune, you are not uninstalled. I ran stock for about a week to at the very least up my key cycles a little bit, as my local dealer is not mod friendly at all. Yesterday I pulled in for my PCM update, nervously waited in the in the customer area, and my service advisor came in 20 minutes later to let me know the update was done and I was good to go.

Now, all I have to do is update the firmware on my Access Port, reinstall the Access Port on my truck, then install the tune/s I would like. To my knowledge, there should be no need to re-tune after this PCM update.

Last edited:

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MagneticScrew is exactly correct on his sequence. I did the exact same thing with my COBB AP and ECM/TCM tunes. I had no issues with getting the Cam Phaser PCM flash done. Only difference is I don’t care about the key cycles or what the dealership says. I have 82,000 miles on my 2017 and I know I am on the hook for everything.