GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well, ecu is boxed and dropped off at UPS.

Add me to the list that had a hard time removing the cover. Got it out but broke the bottom right tab on the cover bracket. Probably doesn’t help that it was cold out this morning. Got a replacement ordered and will swap it when it comes in. Should be easier now without that tab LOL. Looks like the bracket slides in and is retained by 2 nuts on the front.
I had the same challenge and broke the lower right tab....honestly, getting that damn cover off and on is the ONLY challenge with this entire thing. Anyway, I did not replace it with a new one....when you snap the 3 harnesses back in place (combined with the 3 good tabs), that cover is completely secure. I wouldn't waste the money or time trying to replace it. If the dealer has to pull it off, they won't know if they broke that tab or not, and would be embarrassed to tell you if they did.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same challenge and broke the lower right tab....honestly, getting that damn cover off and on is the ONLY challenge with this entire thing. Anyway, I did not replace it with a new one....when you snap the 3 harnesses back in place (combined with the 3 good tabs), that cover is completely secure. I wouldn't waste the money or time trying to replace it. If the dealer has to pull it off, they won't know if they broke that tab or not, and would be embarrassed to tell you if they did.
Well it makes me feel better I’m not the only one (or maybe there’s other that won’t admit it)! Doesn’t help that all the wire harness is in the way of the lower right side. I assumed it might be fine without replacement but went ahead and ordered it anyway. Dealer gave me a discount so it was only $60 but will take a week to get. I’ll just replace it in the future when I have time or am back in there. Good to know everything seems secure without it, I had a feeling that might be the case. Thanks.

Ya, only hard part is the cover. Mailed yesterday afternoon and already got a return notification for delivery tomorrow. Almost go time!

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke the top ones putting it back on. I had an easier time getting it out and broke parts on the way back in.

It’s holding up fine. Not too worried about it

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if cooler weather is making the removal/install cover more difficult and less flexible

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad I am not the only one that got my arse kicked by that cover. :)

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back in easy and looks secure. 5-10 minutes at most. Only 48hrs from removal to reinstall. Not too bad!

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like there was a firmware update for the AP released today. I’ve updated the AP with it. I’m assuming that now has to be updated to the truck. What’s the process for that? Just update the map tune or does the AP have to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled?