GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal raptor

Reaction score
Here’s mine — stage 2 93 octane on 37’s. All it requires is a intercooler. I went with the CV Fab Titan V2 intercooler for the stock location. Very straightforward install. I know I can launch better and get a better time than this, just haven’t done another timed run yet.
Are you happy with that intercooler? Quality? I was going to order the Cobb one for factory location, but they don't have eta on it for the gen 3. Then discovered the Titan 2 and am leaning towards that, I think it offers more cooling as well. Did you purchase any of the extras (BOV or hot + cold pipe kit, not sure what that does)

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you happy with that intercooler? Quality? I was going to order the Cobb one for factory location, but they don't have eta on it for the gen 3. Then discovered the Titan 2 and am leaning towards that, I think it offers more cooling as well. Did you purchase any of the extras (BOV or hot + cold pipe kit, not sure what that does)
Both cobb intercoolers fit the gen 3 (stock location and fmic)

JCSRaptor

Reaction score
I have CVF Titan intercooler, the model before the Titan 2. I have been very happy with it. It consistently gives me about a 15 degree rise over inlet temp. That’s roughly 20 deg cooler than the oem intercooler. Instal was a snap I kept the shutters because I could just in case there is that cold morning where the system needs to warm up. Build quality is very good and it fit perfectly. The Titan 2 builds upon this good design to make it even better. I did install the Turbo smart BOV with the intercooler. I like it better than the oem silencer type. You can here this BOV everytime you let off the gas. It does sound pretty cool. I upgraded my cold side tubes from intercooler to upgraded 73mm BBK throttle body to keep the air flowing with as few restrictions as possible. No dyno numbers sorry. But I am getting similar performance numbers to Winfields Gen 2. One younover come the restrictions of the oem intercooler your really buying consistency of performance run to run or over long drives. Obviously designed minimize effects of heat soak. But you already know this sorry I get long winded sometimes.

socal raptor

Reaction score
Both cobb intercoolers fit the gen 3 (stock location and fmic)
Weird. I emailed them a few days ago and got this response. Went ahead and ordered the Titan V2.

"Thanks for contacting COBB Support!

We are currently in the process of confirming if the Gen 2 intercooler fits on the Gen 3 and also getting that part approved through CARB, but at this time I cannot confirm if that intercooler will work as we are still testing fitment."

JCSRaptor

Reaction score
I have! Editing the video now.

The truck made 630whp 600wtq. Was hoping for upper 6s but this truck is REALLY fast. Faster than it should be haha
Did you install the Garrett Stage 2 Power Max(s)?? Did you keep stock exhaust manifold or install CRP by chance?

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GooseTuned

saw the video on the gen2 turbo upgrade...... love seeing all the gains. Have you thought about going with any other brand turbo's or are there any other options to go with to possibly hit those high 600's??? I'm saving my pennies LOL.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, ecu is boxed and dropped off at UPS.

Add me to the list that had a hard time removing the cover. Got it out but broke the bottom right tab on the cover bracket. Probably doesn’t help that it was cold out this morning. Got a replacement ordered and will swap it when it comes in. Should be easier now without that tab LOL. Looks like the bracket slides in and is retained by 2 nuts on the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free