GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cobb discovered the root cause of the power drop off initially from the pressure drop in the airbox, then visualized it with a camera placed under the hood looking at the air inlet. From the video Cobb shows, it’s not just the inlet itself as the root cause. It’s the “new” filler panel that is too flexible and the area just in front of the inlet closed off such that when the turbos are really sucking air for big power, the suction at the inlet can cause the filler panel to flex upward pushing the bottom of the inlet upward to block the airflow, making the turbos suck harder, collapsing the inlet even more until it is literally choking off the airflow…

Go check out the video on the Cobb site.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As promised, I got the truck on the dyno and did some testing. (Note: 91 octane is the only 'premium' fuel in my area, so add +10whp to gains for expected 93oct results. That's typically what I see when tuning 91 vs 93oct, a +10-15hp increase.)

The COBB Stage 1 OTS 91oct map made 418whp 545wtq! (The Gen 2 COBB Stage 1 OTS 91oct map made 399whp as per my testing, so a nice bump over the older Gen 2 OTS maps! Great work, COBB!!)

My Custom Goosetuned Stage 1 91oct map made 444whp and 554wtq! That's +26whp over the COBB map, and +62whp over my best stock run (*382whp).

Then I was able to put the truck on E50! These trucks LOVE good fuel.

My Custom Goosetuned Stage 1 E50 map made 500whp and 581wtq!! That's +118whp over my best stock run (382whp).

These trucks are consistently stronger from the factory than the Gen 2. They make more boost and more power/torque from the factory. Tuned gains are about the same as Gen 2, which is what we expected.

Stock - *382whp 517wtq
COBB OTS S1 91 - 418whp 545wtq (+36hp over stock)
Goosetuned S1 91 - 444whp 554wtq (+62hp over stock)
Goosetuned S1 E50 - 500whp 581wtq (+118hp over stock)

$1,395 Order Now!

I will be testing Stage 2 in the same way, over the next couple weeks. And I'll be providing the same data. If you guys have any other tests you'd like to see let me know!

-Winfield (Goose)

*I could not find my 382whp baseline stock run file that I posted in the original post....I lost that run I guess. So I posted the 2nd run I did with the truck, stock. I will reference 382whp as the baseline even though the chart below shows 376whp*
stock 91 vs ots s1 91 vs goose s1 91.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So basically you will be fast approaching Raptor R power levels with stage 2 (roughly) on E50. I've been enjoying my stage 2 Gen 2 on Goose for years now and when I hear people crying about the V6 I just smile and lol at them as I mash the gas pedal :p

Heck yeah!!!!