GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oliver1539

Reaction score
I kept the Cobb from the Gen 2 I sold a couple months ago because I knew I would be getting a Gen 3. Will that Cobb work with the Gen 3 once the tunes are available, or does it need updates to work?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I kept the Cobb from the Gen 2 I sold a couple months ago because I knew I would be getting a Gen 3. Will that Cobb work with the Gen 3 once the tunes are available, or does it need updates to work?
We aren't quite sure just yet. It's a new ECU in the gen 3 so there may be some sort of upgrade charge. We'll have to see what COBB decides

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much is safely left on the table for the Gen 3 with tuning only...The EPA crackdown has really slowed aftermarket performance parts. Companies like COBB also have a wait time for CARB EO approval

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the truck is making 600tq @ the crank not sure how much more you’d wanna push it tbh, peak HP & higher RPM one thing, trying to dial it in for even more TQ/hp down low when it’s already putting down 500ish to the wheels…..I dunno man, the engine im sure can handle it, the Torque converter, U joints, axles, diffs, driveshaft, tranny on other hand….not as sure

This just makes me happy though knowing this HO3.5 is “special” from the Factory- gotta remember it has the same forged crank/internals as the GT supercar, so handling the power shouldn’t be an issue for the motor itself, just everything attached to it haha

I’ve said it before but will say it again- if they put the HO 3.5 in the mustang attached to a 6 speed manual- I’m all in. 550hp/610tq ttV6 mustang seems cooler to me than even a blown V8

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It won’t , the factory has cranked up the g3 tune a lot from the g2. There’s not much left and still be safe.