GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I literally got mine done a week ago with the stage 2 with the cobb intercooler and AFE intake. Makes a huge difference. The ECU takes 5 minutes to unistall. I have a e85 station around the corner. Thats next for me.
E85 (E50) is another HUGE increase in power

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, all that brings up long term planning questions for me. I see moving to the E50 tune in the near future and blending. I really don't have a problem with any of that effort. But then I think about a fuel pump and injectors... and an inline E sensor to prep for running E85. Does that pave to way for a true flex fuel capability? How many tunes would be resident to span the 91/E85 spectrum? Will the AccessPort be capable of that type of dynamic real time switching or will we be moving to a new platform?

Sorry, I had a 300ZX TT that was a perpetual 11 year project and was just about perfect with 528 rwhp when I sold it and started a new project. I know that doesn't sound like all that much HP today, but back in the day... Yes, I'm old. ;)

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, all that brings up long term planning questions for me. I see moving to the E50 tune in the near future and blending. I really don't have a problem with any of that effort. But then I think about a fuel pump and injectors... and an inline E sensor to prep for running E85. Does that pave to way for a true flex fuel capability? How many tunes would be resident to span the 91/E85 spectrum? Will the AccessPort be capable of that type of dynamic real time switching or will we be moving to a new platform?

Sorry, I had a 300ZX TT that was a perpetual 11 year project and was just about perfect with 528 rwhp when I sold it and started a new project. I know that doesn't sound like all that much HP today, but back in the day... Yes, I'm old. ;)
That would be more of a question for COBB. The Accessport currently doesn't have 'flex fuel' so it would take some custom code (some meaning a TON) to get it working. And time of course

Oh wow that's cool!! Those cars are awesome

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be more of a question for COBB. The Accessport currently doesn't have 'flex fuel' so it would take some custom code (some meaning a TON) to get it working. And time of course

Oh wow that's cool!! Those cars are awesome
Tracking all and along the lines of what I was thinking. Lots of code and lots of tunes to allow for the dynamic nature of the fuel.

Thanks. It was a blast and likely the only car I have sold that I wish I still had! TT.jpeg

TT Engine Bay.jpeg

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
As promised, I got the truck on the dyno and did some testing. (Note: 91 octane is the only 'premium' fuel in my area, so add +10whp to gains for expected 93oct results. That's typically what I see when tuning 91 vs 93oct, a +10-15hp increase.)

The COBB Stage 1 OTS 91oct map made 418whp 545wtq! (The Gen 2 COBB Stage 1 OTS 91oct map made 399whp as per my testing, so a nice bump over the older Gen 2 OTS maps! Great work, COBB!!)

My Custom Goosetuned Stage 1 91oct map made 444whp and 554wtq! That's +26whp over the COBB map, and +62whp over my best stock run (*382whp).

Then I was able to put the truck on E50! These trucks LOVE good fuel.

My Custom Goosetuned Stage 1 E50 map made 500whp and 581wtq!! That's +118whp over my best stock run (382whp).

These trucks are consistently stronger from the factory than the Gen 2. They make more boost and more power/torque from the factory. Tuned gains are about the same as Gen 2, which is what we expected.

Stock - *382whp 517wtq
COBB OTS S1 91 - 418whp 545wtq (+36hp over stock)
Goosetuned S1 91 - 444whp 554wtq (+62hp over stock)
Goosetuned S1 E50 - 500whp 581wtq (+118hp over stock)

$1,395 Order Now!

I will be testing Stage 2 in the same way, over the next couple weeks. And I'll be providing the same data. If you guys have any other tests you'd like to see let me know!

-Winfield (Goose)

*I could not find my 382whp baseline stock run file that I posted in the original post....I lost that run I guess. So I posted the 2nd run I did with the truck, stock. I will reference 382whp as the baseline even though the chart below shows 376whp*
View attachment 380685
Any Stage 2 updates?

mobiia

Reaction score
Tracking all and along the lines of what I was thinking. Lots of code and lots of tunes to allow for the dynamic nature of the fuel.

Thanks. It was a blast and likely the only car I have sold that I wish I still had! View attachment 383782

View attachment 383783
Oh man, taking me back... I had one too, but not nearly as modified. Loved the z32, sweet ride man!

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
There is a bump in compression to 10.5:1 for the Gen3 3.5HO vs. 10:1 for the Gen2 3.5HO. Modeled compressor efficiency is also decently different on Gen3 vs. Gen2 - improved efficiency at higher pressure ratios and airmass vs. Gen2. Not a massive difference on the dyno, but I'd venture based on the changes in modeled behavior that there have been revisions to the turbos. High pressure fuel system now operates some ~600PSI higher than Gen2, DI injector flow rates at a given pressure are lower on Gen3 than Gen2, but that difference is offset by the higher pressure - total DI fueling capacity on Gen3 is slightly higher than Gen2. Port injectors on Gen3 seem to be a decent amount smaller than Gen2. Decreasing injector size is usually done to improve low-pulsewidth fueling accuracy, likely a key component of the change of Gen2 Raptor's emissions rating of Cali LEV-III ULEV125 ('17/'18) or Cali LEV-III ULEV70 ('19/'20) to the Gen3's Cali LEV-III ULEV50 rating. Hadn't done any testing with ethanol on our development truck, so I was curious whether E50 or E30 would be the point of diminishing returns. Great to see Goosetuned breaking the 500WHP barrier already!
With the higher operating pressure (~600PSI) of the Gen3 fuel system over the Gen2, will a high pressure fuel pump be required for E85?

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GooseTuned looks like Cobb is saying auto start/stop is off by default in the access port and not user changeable. Any idea if you can re-activate it on your end?