GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't 7th gear 1:1 for a dyno pull? Were both gen's done in 5th?

I believe its a limiter issue, thats why its done in 5th gear

I’m not speaking from personal experience but in watching videos on YouTube of shops doing dyno pulls, they don’t seem to like to spin trucks that high. Referring to mph not rpm.

This is in reference to trucks vs cars on the dyno in general, but mostly in regards to Ford’s and Palm Beach Dyno.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
And at the top of the RPM the truck would be doing what 130-140mph? Imagine the oh shit moment if a KO2 let go when the wheels are spinning that fast.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time following what the timeframe is looking like here, but it's probably because I'm like a kid on Christmas just waiting for some Goose love... wait that sounds odd. Ah well.

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
COBB Front Mount Intercooler fits with a longer silicon hose (I’d call them ask ask).

I believe CVF has one as well.
Was just chatting with Cobb, they said they hadn't heard of needing a longer hose, but are checking with their hard parts team to confirm that it fits the Gen3. i have the non stock location on the way, so want to find out before having a shop take apart the truck. will post an update when they get back to me.

@GooseTuned was it the stock location intercooler that required the longer hose? I received the non stock location today and the box says 17+ on it so guessing if they did make the parts change with a longer hose they would have setup kits for 21+?

*** I took out everything to compare parts against the pictures on cobb's site, there is an extra longer hose and also the extra carb sticker i'm guessing for the newer model years.

**Update** Cobb got back and said they are aware of the changes for 21+ and have included specific parts needed, ('21 specific silicone hose) so everything should fit properly

Last edited:

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@GooseTuned This is probably a pretty rudimentary question, but does the engine actually run any different when there is a change in the exhaust? For example, when the exhaust is set to Baja and it is wide open, is that any different than the other extreme of Quiet? More HP, Torque, etc? Or is it ONLY a different sound?

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GooseTuned This is probably a pretty rudimentary question, but does the engine actually run any different when there is a change in the exhaust? For example, when the exhaust is set to Baja and it is wide open, is that any different than the other extreme of Quiet? More HP, Torque, etc? Or is it ONLY a different sound?
Different sound. It's like a flute, if I remember correctly.