Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody run these? I've researched tires to death and haven't seen much of anything about these and I know they've been around a long time. Come in a load range C with similar weight to the OEM KO2s.

Really want to stay close in weight to the BFG's in a C or D load.

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT or AT (even Baja MTZ) are looking pretty good but these MT/Rs piqued my interest as well.

Mostly a pavement princess to this point but just moved out of the city so still going to be a daily but more plans to offroad.

Live in Ohio so needs to be good in all 4 seasons.

Edit: Had Toyo OC MTs on my Gen 1 and absolutely loved them but don't know if I can justify 13 lbs more per tire even though I love that they come in a C load.

Last edited:

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Have you thought about the Toyo RT's, they're available in a C rating and are Hybrid AT. It's a good looking tire.

OP
OP
CMSearle2

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have considered them and thought that was going to be my next tire but read mixed reviews about their rain and snow performance.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s more of a pure off-road tire. Unless you are off-road the majority of the time, I wouldn’t recommend it. They aren’t exactly cheap either. Traction in the rain and snow is limited as well.

What about the Duratracs or sticking with the BFGs?

kickingaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran those on a couple of my Jeeps for years. They are heavy but with the Kevlar sidewalls they hold up to rock really well. I live in AZ and a lot of our off-roading here is rockcrawling where you are susceptible to sidewall punctures or cuts. Unless you are doing heavy rock, I would recommend a different tire. I have a friend that runs the Everyman Challenge at the King of the Hammers race and he has been running the Milestar Patagonia M/Ts, has not had a tire issue during the race. If you aren't familiar with the race, there are wide open desert stretches as well as rocks obstacles. I think it's a great tire with regards to being versatile and inexpensive as well (about $255 for a 35x12.50x17). Just my two cents worth!

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 sets of 37” MTRs on my Jeep. They are unbeatable offroad but only tolerable on the road. If you offroad a lot, go for it. You won’t be disappointed.

Attachments

• DF370A45-CE96-494B-BB01-C4CAA5819D7C.jpeg
    DF370A45-CE96-494B-BB01-C4CAA5819D7C.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
CMSearle2

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s more of a pure off-road tire. Unless you are off-road the majority of the time, I wouldn’t recommend it. They aren’t exactly cheap either. Traction in the rain and snow is limited as well.

What about the Duratracs or sticking with the BFGs?
Duratracs are a possibility. I ran them on a Silverado between Raptors and they were alright. I have 41k+ on the stock BFGs and they still have life left. I can’t complain about them at all.

Just always looking to try something new and give the truck a new look.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran them on my old lifted f150 (non raptor). Tires are pretty darn near bulletproof and handle offroad very well. Road noise is quiet too so an all around great tire. The postal service even uses these tires (obviously without kevlar) cause they handle heavy loads, go off road, and last a decent amount of miles. The biggest downside is that these tires are heavy! Dont be surprised with a fuel economy drop if you decide to run these. The raptor isnt really built for rock crawling due to the low ground clearance regardless of suspension travel (trust me I know...) I would only recommend these tires if you literally live on dirt and see hardly no pavement

OP
OP
CMSearle2

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
98D13ECF-CDC8-41B7-A9C4-205685F9B337.png
You would think they’d be heavy but the C load is within a pound of the stock BFGs. That’s the only reason why I was so curious about these. C load and lightweight.

Definitely appreciate the real world feedback. Will most likely look elsewhere as most of my driving will still be on road.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duratracs are a possibility. I ran them on a Silverado between Raptors and they were alright. I have 41k+ on the stock BFGs and they still have life left. I can’t complain about them at all.

Just always looking to try something new and give the truck a new look.

That’s pretty good for the stock BFGs. Mostly highway driving?