Goodyear Territory MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shopping for tires earlier this week I started checking weight.
Seemed like the Good Years are quite a bit lighter than anything else I was looking at.
I know heavy E rated isn't the best for the application or necessarily needed, but the drastic difference has me wondering how the Good Years would hold up. And my last 2 sets of Good Years (just "road tires" Assurance on my Explorer and Wrangler ATs on wife's Expedition) were tied for the worst tires I have ever owned. Both were perforated with so many punctures I couldn't believe. The Assurance even had a tree branch/twig poke thru.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shopping for tires earlier this week I started checking weight.
Seemed like the Good Years are quite a bit lighter than anything else I was looking at.
I know heavy E rated isn't the best for the application or necessarily needed, but the drastic difference has me wondering how the Good Years would hold up. And my last 2 sets of Good Years (just "road tires" Assurance on my Explorer and Wrangler ATs on wife's Expedition) were tied for the worst tires I have ever owned. Both were perforated with so many punctures I couldn't believe. The Assurance even had a tree branch/twig poke thru.

There has got to be a reason they are so light.

tlrmade

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger and went with the new Territory MT for the next tire purchase. I couldn't pass up 25% off and the fact that they are approx. 13lbs lighter than the oem BFG KO's. Looking forward to the added performance.

Anyone else out there running them yet? I live in Southern AZ now and don't plan on offroading them too hard, mainly sand, light duty rock climbing, and going camping. Let's see how they perform comparatively.

In the past I've run:

KO2's
Grabber ATX
**** Cepek Trail Country EXP

Any update on these since the install?

OP
OP
Misfit_1122

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on these since the install?
These have been great thus far, plenty of high speed offroading and they are well suited for desert running and some rock climbing. At a load C rating idk how hard I'd push it on the sharp stuff but for what I do they have been awesome. Also can't beat 25% usaa perks...

Attachments

• 20230426_163155.jpg
    20230426_163155.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230517_071215.jpg
    20230517_071215.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 47

tlrmade

Reaction score
These have been great thus far, plenty of high speed offroading and they are well suited for desert running and some rock climbing. At a load C rating idk how hard I'd push it on the sharp stuff but for what I do they have been awesome. Also can't beat 25% usaa perks...
Sweet thanks for the feedback. Im like 97% on road and majority highway 70-80mph. I dont mind my bfgs, wife has the ridge grapplers on her Tahoe and i was thinking about going with those but the goodyears seem a LOT lighter weight?

I mainly just want a good "look" and I guess smooth ride. Ive seen these on a few new broncos and town and always thought they looked good, just haven't seen any on a Gen 2 Raptor yet.

OP
OP
Misfit_1122

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tlrmade

To me 20230413_160732.jpg20221219_102046.jpgthey look plenty aggressive especially for a mainly street driven truck and they do great on the highway. At 10+lbs lighter than just about any other offroad tire in this category I'd say go for it. They perform great as street tires and imo better than the generals, bfgs, and dickys I've run since owning the truck

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@tlrmade

To me View attachment 419448View attachment 419449they look plenty aggressive especially for a mainly street driven truck and they do great on the highway. At 10+lbs lighter than just about any other offroad tire in this category I'd say go for it. They perform great as street tires and imo better than the generals, bfgs, and dickys I've run since owning the truck
How loud compared to 30k mile bfg’s?