Goodby Gen 2->Hello GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a Gen 3 37" PP and pulled the trigger. It was time...
Sold my Gen 2 for way more than it should have gone for... Paid more than I should have for the Gen 3 but here we are...

Ended up flying to Chicago to get it, only dealer with one at the price I was willing to pay. Picked it up and made the 1006 mile drive home. :Big Laugh:

First impressions? A surprising refinement over my Gen 2. The Gen 2 could get a little "busy" at speed on rough highway, broken/repaired concrete. The Gen 3 tracks better at speed. The combination of the extra sidewall and the new suspension makes the ride pretty plush. That said it feels "tighter". Truck is quieter at speed than the Gen 2. All the interior updates are pretty nice. Wireless Carplay is fantastic. Lane keeping is much improved from the Gen 2. The big display is really nice. Also the coupling of the center display to the digital cluster is nice. I was surprised to see navigation turn cue's coordinated with the digital cluster. Only "option" I didn't get that I would have liked is the auto start/stop DELETE. So I push the button... Recaro seats are nice and the heat and cool works really well. I was happy to see a button for Steering wheel heat. I'm really liking the look of the 37" wheels! Biggest change? RAPID RED.

Donna side..jpegDonna Nose.jpegDonna DR side.jpeg

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and thanks for your feedback. Personnaly, the only thing I miss on Gen 3 is a Scab, that s why I won't never change until a scab come back...I hope the ride is better bcs , I realise my gen 2 20'S"bounce and dance"from rear a little in some situation ... (also have read that another set of leaf spring on a gen 2 can give a better ride, almost perfect among guys who have put other springs...)

OP
OP
Rango

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! What dealer was it?
Gillespie in Gurnee. I've got two issues i need their help with... Responsive so far, as long as they follow though I'll be happy. ;) (They had 3 Broncos too! )

I'm plotting ceramic window tint and ceramic coatings now....:D