GEN 2 Good Service Dealer in UT / Muffler Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twelvesecsst

Reaction score
Hey guys, having an issue and want to know if anyone could give me a recommendation to a good dealer in Utah for service work. I moved here about 3mo ago so I don’t know their reputations. I’m in northern Utah county.

I started having a metal on metal rattling sound come from my truck about two weeks ago. Checked the turbo and thankfully that wasn’t it but I finally isolated it to the muffler. I normally get the noise when the truck is warmed up at about 800-1100 rpm, so roughly idle. Stuck my ear up to the muffler and I can definitely here some rattling around going on in there. I’m suspecting a broken baffle but was wondering if anyone else had similar issues?

Edit: truck is an 18 SCREW, stock except for lights.

Thanks,

Ty

OP
OP
twelvesecsst

twelvesecsst

Reaction score
Yeah figured it was in there. I’m still in warranty so I shouldn’t have any issues. Hopefully I can find a Raptor friendly dealer in the area haha

Thanks

Ty

Reaction score
Does this noise persist when you drove as well? I notice my metal on metal noise when I pull into my driveway as it’s steep and also when I pull away from traffic lights.

OP
OP
twelvesecsst

twelvesecsst

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much any time I transition through that rpm range. Sometimes it idles a little below this range and it doesn’t clatter but either when driving, in Neutral pressing the gas to reach the range, or if idling at the right spot. Took me awhile to nail down the location but if I put my ear real close to the resonator, I can hear that it’s coming from there clear as day

Westy737

Reaction score
Is it your exhaust tips vibrating/hitting your REAR LED lights? Mine was rubbing on my Baja Design rear lights and making that noise