GEN 2 Good resonator delete option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an update to this I replaced stock muffler and pipes to corsa and drone is gone and sounds much better.
How do you like the corsa muffler? I have the corsa resonator delete/x-pipe currently and the boomy tone irritates me most days. Been looking at the corsa muffler and reinstalling my resonator.

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
I have always loved the corsa sound i agree it was to boomy with the res delete and stock muffler. Get the corsa muffler. It's more aggressive and not boomy.

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always loved the corsa sound i agree it was to boomy with the res delete and stock muffler. Get the corsa muffler. It's more aggressive and not boomy.
So is the Corsa sport muffler is more bearable with normal driving compared to the resonator delete? How much louder is cold start?

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
Yea corsa has a more clear tone and less boom muted sound. It is louder on coldstart but tames down in few seconds. I'm working on quick video.

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea corsa has a more clear tone and less boom muted sound. It is louder on coldstart but tames down in few seconds. I'm working on quick video.
I appreciate your feedback and a quick video. I’ve been on the fence for awhile on if I want to swap to the sport muffler and throw my resonator back on. I’ve just been concerned that the boomy tone would be the same if not worse.

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
Here are 2 quick videos. I'm kinda limited on space to let it rip in town I'm in. The in car represents the sound the best. In the exterior video the drive away sounds raspy for some reason and it's not in person. The revs are accurate. The corsa with spd has a much smoother even balanced sound vs the corsa res delete. This setup is aggressive though.it is not quiet once in boost. Cruising it is fine. There is more cabin noise with the spd. I wouldn't say it's drone but you can hear it more in cabin around 2k. Overall I think it is very close to the gtr sound. I never wanted this truck to sound like a v8. I wanted to capture the turbo v6 sound.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ruey220 I see that MBRP up for sale. How’d you like it on there?
i believe it had a better flow vs the trombone, at lower rpms it feels the x pipe is more smoother flowing because of the scavenging effect. the trombone has a different sound however, is much louder and rumbly and sound matches with the corsa exhaust better. Definitely though an x pipe due to the turbos needing better flow goes with the x pipe.

Tys 4x4

Reaction score
Here are 2 quick videos. I'm kinda limited on space to let it rip in town I'm in. The in car represents the sound the best. In the exterior video the drive away sounds raspy for some reason and it's not in person. The revs are accurate. The corsa with spd has a much smoother even balanced sound vs the corsa res delete. This setup is aggressive though.it is not quiet once in boost. Cruising it is fine. There is more cabin noise with the spd. I wouldn't say it's drone but you can hear it more in cabin around 2k. Overall I think it is very close to the gtr sound. I never wanted this truck to sound like a v8. I wanted to capture the turbo v6 sound.

I’m a little late to the party in this post but I am looking to do the same setup. SPD trombone res delete and corsa muffler. Are you still liking this setup? I don’t mind interior noise from exhaust but I am trying to avoid drone on the highway. My current setup has an annoying drone in 10th gear at 80mph. Frequently find myself locking out 10th gear and cruising in 9th. Already ordered my SPD pipe, just debating if I should go corsa muffler or run it with the stock muffler. I had the corsa extreme on my 1st gen raptor and it was incredible. No drone and super loud.