GEN 2 Good resonator delete option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
I just ordered a resonator delete from Shifteck. It is same as corsa for half the price. Arrived , all looks good. Solid stainless and braces. All hardware and clamps included. Installed with no issues. Good fitment. Figured I would pass it on to anyone looking. Good option for $299.

Attachments

• 20221009_093902.jpg
    20221009_093902.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221009_093834.jpg
    20221009_093834.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 41

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the sound? I was supposed to order one from them but it didn't make it on time when I needed all the parts since my exhaust was already scheduled to be installed. Ended up getting a mbrp

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
Sounds good. Alot deeper.more volume. No drone on highway. There's a small rpm range under certain driving that it gets alittle boomy. No quite drone just louder then other rpms. For $300 it was worth it. I would like a clearer tone but I think I'm going to have to go corsa sport for that.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I just ordered a resonator delete from Shifteck. It is same as corsa for half the price. Arrived , all looks good. Solid stainless and braces. All hardware and clamps included. Installed with no issues. Good fitment. Figured I would pass it on to anyone looking. Good option for $299.
Thanks, it may be stainless steel but it's probably not 304 which would be desired for longevity.

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
It's 409 and has lifetime warranty. Good enough for me for price especially Until I decide what I really want as far as exhaust

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds good. Alot deeper.more volume. No drone on highway. There's a small rpm range under certain driving that it gets alittle boomy. No quite drone just louder then other rpms. For $300 it was worth it. I would like a clearer tone but I think I'm going to have to go corsa sport for that.
Yup, that's what resonators are designed to preclude - a sympathetic resonance. Everything has a resonance frequency. They knew that in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages. They knew to breach castle walls with battering rams by capitalizing on the natural frequency of the fortification and hitting the wall in tempo with its oscillation. A resonator changes the natural oscillation frequency of the exhaust system so that it falls above or below the frequency that the engine rpm can produce. You eliminated that feature of automotive engineering by removing the resonator and now "it gets a little boomy."