Good Price for Used Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Hey all, quick question, there's a set of used shocks up for sale at 250 bucks for all 4, definitely need rebuilt, but I'd like a second set for sending off. Is this a good price point? Yes I'm upgrading to fox 3.0 down the road but not in budget yet.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal. I’ve gotten 2.5’s for right around that for all four (needed rebuilt obv) on here before so you’re not too far off from as cheap as it gets!

I will say though from my experience, with Texas Shock Works at least, the rebuilds didn’t last that long. My rears shot craps after about 10k road miles. Only use truck for family hauling, daily driving right now unfortunately. Can’t imagine how long they’d last if I had time to truly beat on them.

I’ve heard other guys say the same. I hear Forged and a couple others do quite well on the rebuilds though. They’ll get you down the road to the 3.0s but I wouldn’t expect them to last the 50k or so road-only miles Fox claims.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, that's an okay price for used, as long as they are not all pitted and such as that will bit you in the as s when you try to get them rebuilt. Why not just wait for the 3.0's?

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal. I’ve gotten 2.5’s for right around that for all four (needed rebuilt obv) on here before so you’re not too far off from as cheap as it gets!

I will say though from my experience, with Texas Shock Works at least, the rebuilds didn’t last that long. My rears shot craps after about 10k road miles. Only use truck for family hauling, daily driving right now unfortunately. Can’t imagine how long they’d last if I had time to truly beat on them.

I’ve heard other guys say the same. I hear Forged and a couple others do quite well on the rebuilds though. They’ll get you down the road to the 3.0s but I wouldn’t expect them to last the 50k or so road-only miles Fox claims.
Yeah from the sites, i like the look of forged better.
I agree, that's an okay price for used, as long as they are not all pitted and such as that will bit you in the as s when you try to get them rebuilt. Why not just wait for the 3.0's?
Mine are going to need rebuilt before then, and it would be nice to have a set to send to avoid core charge, and a set for after I get the 3.0s for when they need rebuilt haha.

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

Reaction score
Oh, and fiance said go ahead and wait to buy the svc bundle for 10.1k with the bumpstop kit, deavers, uca, tie rods, and shocks