Going to Zion National Park, Need Recommendation for Off-road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I stayed in a hotel..... we're old and soft :cool:. My daughter, her husband, and my son (and a few others) actually camped in Zion. They were in tents and had no A/C. There's no way I could have done that. The temps at 10 pm were still in the upper 90's. Here is a shot though from their campsite. Beautiful views from their campsite!!

K Campsite.jpg

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, our last day here, we rented some e-bikes and rode them all the way through the park to the Narrows. That was so much better than riding in the shuttle buses! The Narrows hike was a lot of fun! The only bad part was always concentrating on where you were stepping in the river since the footing was always questionable with the amount of rocks under the water. It was easy to forget to look up and see the awesome canyon walls all around us. Here is a final pic from our Narrows hike of the family with the newest addition (my daughter's husband)!

Narrows 1.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been slow going. Rain has been delaying things. We finally had our pre-construction meeting with Tilson, so now the construction should start in a few weeks. The property is too wet right now for anyone to do anything. Separately from the house construction, I'm hoping to have the concrete foundation poured for my workshop by the end of July. We just need all this rain to stop!!

Yea, it's been an unusually rainy summer, I can understand the delays. Concrete prices have gone up along with lumber (I just paid way too much to widen my driveway), but I imagine it won't be too bad for a big pad like you're doing.

I love your property by the way. I'm jealous.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having a great time here in Zion. We came for my daughter's "marriage" in Zion, so I didn't have much time for off-roading. Here is a great shot of the married couple!

View attachment 312822

They were already formally married up in Maryland, this was just a ceremonial event at one of their favorite places to visit. That picture was them at the top of "Lady Mountain."
Lady Mountain is one of the great less-known summit hikes in Zion. I'll bet you owned it.