Going To MOAB, where to start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am not sure when you did this, but the trail has gotten a lot tougher in the last year. Personally I would not take my Raptor on that trail. I do it in my RZR and Jeep, but some of the ledges have gotten pretty tall. Notice, I am not saying you CAN'T do it in a Raptor, just that I wouldn't.

Maybe I spoke to soon! I haven't been up there since last year. It used to be there were a few gnarly spots but you could also divert around. Maybe not the case anymore. I still love it up there. FWIW, I've only done in it my Jeep, not my raptor.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I spoke to soon! I haven't been up there since last year. It used to be there were a few gnarly spots but you could also divert around. Maybe not the case anymore. I still love it up there. FWIW, I've only done in it my Jeep, not my raptor.

He's looking for mostly green and high speed. I did Top of the World once, maybe 20 years ago, on a mountain bike. A friend with poor judgement chose it. It's a great viewpoint for sure, but I don't think it fits what he's looking for.

Reaction score
Fins and Things up at the Slickrock campground area would be another one.

I love Fins and Things. It's not the hardest, but its easy to get to and for anyone that's never been on slickrock it's amazing. But, if you're going with a Raptor you need to watch the rear end. I have one of @SterlingsWildWest Hitchcock to protect the backend since it hangs over so much.

hitchcock.jpeg

Greg Jerome

Reaction score
Great reccos here for Raptor owners, all trails suggested would be easily enough handled by your Raptor. If you rent a SxS, heed the safety warnings, don't attempt any donuts as they're very easy to tip over. You can have a ton of fun with the Raptor because it's so capable. Shafer, White Rim, Chicken Corners, Gemeni are all close by & lots of fun as day trips, just keep an eye on children at Gemeni Bridges for sure. Onion Creek is usually pretty wet/muddy that time of year, but very scenic. Hope you have a great trip!

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great reccos here for Raptor owners, all trails suggested would be easily enough handled by your Raptor. If you rent a SxS, heed the safety warnings, don't attempt any donuts as they're very easy to tip over. You can have a ton of fun with the Raptor because it's so capable. Shafer, White Rim, Chicken Corners, Gemeni are all close by & lots of fun as day trips, just keep an eye on children at Gemeni Bridges for sure. Onion Creek is usually pretty wet/muddy that time of year, but very scenic. Hope you have a great trip!
awesome guys thank you for the help! yeah im not shy to abuse the truck at all, anything high speed i can handle if the truck can. i just dont want to put my truck or myself in danger crawling over things that will beat up my vehicle and get me stuck out there . i plan on carrying some good speed through the "easier" non crawling and whooped up trails for sure

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rent a side by side for a full day or two.
This is a dangerous post. I did this when I was in Moab and now I own an X3 XRS Turbo R. Fins n Things is good fun in a SXS.

Also, if you MTB, the whole enchilada is a bucket list item.

Last edited:

taco_drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a dangerous post. I did this when I was in Moab and now I own an X3 XRS Turbo R. Fins n Things is good fun in a SXS.

Also, if you MTB, the whole enchilada is a bucket list item.
I've been in a lot of fast 2 and 4 wheel things on dirt but a well built SXS is on a whole other level when it comes $ to speed.