Going to Ceramic Coat Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just booked my appointment to Ceramic coat the entire body , all windows , and rims in 2 weeks. I need some some advice on members who went trough this project, any questions I should ask, all input is appreciated. Thanks.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had never done ceramic before. After getting my Gen 3 I said F it and scheduled an appointment with a reputable shop. They gave me a tour of the place and showed me current cars they were working on. I’d say the biggest question to ask is what product they use. All products are not equal. The paint correction is the important part. And the quality of the product is probably second. I will 100% be ceramic coating every vehicle I own going forward. Cleaning it is simple, and that’s the biggest advantage for me. That and the fact the paint is protected.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do your B pillars look? I had the notorious cracks in mine. They called me back and asked if I wanted to have the polished before the Ceramic. Then they places a plastic film over them.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would just try to make sure the SHOP is top notch. I think the guys doing the work matter more than the product. The paint correction is a giant part of the process. I factory ordered my truck and took it in right away to get the correction, ceramic, and tint work done. I was blown away how much better the truck looked just from the correction, even though the finish was brand new. I had them put PPF on the B & C pillars.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you ceramic the underbody to help from all of that salt you all have in the north?

quadmaster922

Reaction score
I just booked my appointment to Ceramic coat the entire body , all windows , and rims in 2 weeks. I need some some advice on members who went trough this project, any questions I should ask, all input is appreciated. Thanks.
I had mine done as soon as it came of the truck $795, dealer installed, well worth the investment, they do the seats too, protection package

Last edited:

baracus

Reaction score
I had mine done. They used GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. I'm very happy with it so far. I agree that the paint correction is as a crucial step and what makes it so expensive. I paid $2,000 for the paint, the wheels, and the glass. I was quoted $1,600 for just the paint. If your paying much lower than that they are probably skipping or doing a half a$$ed job on the paint correction step