Going to buy in June/July, looking at some new 2018s...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awa0728

Reaction score
Here in Texas I am finding a good number of new 2018 SCREW, many small town dealers who are allocated two a year still have one on the lot.

Here is the pricing I am seeing:

Both 2018 and 2019 are running about 5k below sticker, which puts them in the 65-67k range for the packages I am looking for.

Used 2018s I can buy all day long between 55k and 60k with as low as 5k miles up to 30k or so.

With the 2020 order bank opening in mid/late July I would expect dealers to be motivated to get the 2018s off their lots.

Knowing that invoice + dealer hold back is about 7k below sticker is it reasonable to be able to negotiate a deal for 10k off sticker? If I can get one in the 61-62k range I would be very happy. If not I have to decide to move up to a 2019 at 5k off sticker or a used 2018 at 60k or so.

I am not afraid to negotiate, I am just looking for some guidance on expectations and what my walk away number should be...hey maybe I am not asking for enough off of sticker...

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Alan

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I specialize in negotiating car deals for friends & family (new cars). The Raptor is an anomaly at least here in California. It seems like in your area, the Raptor is taking the position of any other truck so the closer you get to 2020 models hitting the lot, you are probably going to get a deeper discount.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you can stomach the cost difference go for new. I didn’t know there were any 2018’s left new but good. I’d definitely be harder negotiating on a 2018, since around the July time frame you’ll be seeing basically 2 years worth of depreciation on a brand new vehicle. I’d be surprised if you get to really low 60’s on an 802a, but what’s the worst that can happen by trying?

I think 62-63 might be more realistic for an 18 802a. good luck!

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Texas I am finding a good number of new 2018 SCREW, many small town dealers who are allocated two a year still have one on the lot.

Both 2018 and 2019 are running about 5k below sticker, which puts them in the 65-67k range for the packages I am looking for.

Used 2018s I can buy all day long between 55k and 60k with as low as 5k miles up to 30k or so.

With the 2020 order bank opening in mid/late July I would expect dealers to be motivated to get the 2018s off their lots.

Knowing that invoice + dealer hold back is about 7k below sticker is it reasonable to be able to negotiate a deal for 10k off sticker? If I can get one in the 61-62k range I would be very happy. If not I have to decide to move up to a 2019 at 5k off sticker or a used 2018 at 60k or so.

I am not afraid to negotiate, I am just looking for some guidance on expectations and what my walk away number should be...hey maybe I am not asking for enough off of sticker...

Alan

Check the build date of the 18s. Ford had a leaky plastic oil pan on 17 through mid-18 build. Ford then switched to a metal pan to solve problem. Also, research the cam phasers failing on these. This is affecting more and more people now and is an expensive fix.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
what’s affecting lots of potential new Raptor buyers here is Sasquatch77 posting by her new alias above trying to scare people off.

ignore the troll, who by the way doesn’t even own a Raptor.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the build date of the 18s. Ford had a leaky plastic oil pan on 17 through mid-18 build. Ford then switched to a metal pan to solve problem. Also, research the cam phasers failing on these. This is affecting more and more people now and is an expensive fix.

Get a life.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuff to evaluate... new 18s vs 19s at this point. Both should be negotiable now, but I’m not sure the 18’ would be valued any lower (to the dealer). I still see new 2017” Z06s for sale and have tried to negotiate aggressively... just to be told directly that I won’t get an unbelievably low price... they won’t take a loss on them. I’m sure Ford dealers think someone will buy it for invoice... and save a few grand buying the 18’ over the 19’... or even more over the 20’.

Raptor in MS

Reaction score

Alan
We in Mississippi are seeing the same thing. I bought a new 2018 Raptor (80 miles on odometer) for almost $9,800 off MSRP. It was lead foot (gray), and has the 802A package along with Raptor Technology Package, twin panel sunroof, decals, tailgate step and spray in bedliner. The MSRP was 71,265.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
We in Mississippi are seeing the same thing. I bought a new 2018 Raptor (80 miles on odometer) for almost $9,800 off MSRP. It was lead foot (gray), and has the 802A package along with Raptor Technology Package, twin panel sunroof, decals, tailgate step and spray in bedliner. The MSRP was 71,265.

Well that’s why... Leadfoot. The slowest of the Raptors. :p

awesome negotiating there even so.