Going mid travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to get some help on deciding how I should option out a mid travel kit. I would like to get the most travel out of the suspension before having to cut the bed and putting a bypass rack in there. If I was somehow able to retain good use of my bed space still, then I may consider going that route.

Another thing I would like to retain is the live valve tech that the truck already has, unless there were some major cons to keeping this system when going towards mid travel.

I like the way the SVC mid travel kit looks, but I am not sure if that kit is able to work with the Fox 3.0 live valve shocks? It does look like maybe SVC does offer an alternative with their "live wire" kit? Another option seems like Camburg offers something that is able to work with the live valve. Any opinions/thoughts between these two manufacturers for these options or maybe other manufacturers that I should be looking at for what I am trying to do?

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well mid travel is a term for front suspension with longer control arms, axels etc. I don’t think live valves work with it usually it’s a 2 shock setup
the rear can only use a 12” shock with stock mounts no matter which shock you use, you can play with springs but travel is what it is, a bypass uses a 16” shock none of which are live valve, the only other idea is rpg’s cantilever which can use live valve

OP
OP
D

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to SVC and they said that their mid travel kit is not designed to work with 3.0 coils, so that answers that. I see RPG says their bolt on kit can take 3.0 coilovers. However, either of these set ups would be ditching the live valve system.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to SVC and they said that their mid travel kit is not designed to work with 3.0 coils, so that answers that. I see RPG says their bolt on kit can take 3.0 coilovers. However, either of these set ups would be ditching the live valve system.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/rpg-lt-vs-svc-lt-or-mid-travel.59462/page-3#post-1355303

Zombie posts a lot about the midtravel stuff read through his posts or message him. Basically you either go all the way or don't bother.

Many trucks on the big baja expeditions are running the SVC mid travel kit.