Go Fast Camper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSupreme

Reaction score
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster so I am technically "new" to the forum! I just took delivery of my Anitmatter Blue Gen 3 Raptor and am looking to turn it into an "overland"/camping rig. I dont really want to go super overkill, but I really like the looks of the Go Fast Camper. It looks to me like the perfect solution to having a quick setup time and it only weighs around 280lbs. Those of you who have done similar setups, what was your experience? Anyone with a GFC in here want to chime in? Pics for attention :)

IMG_3970.jpg

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too liked the concept of GFC, but their pricing says G F Y. $7700 for what it is, is asinine.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For our trucks its starts at $8200 - I've done soft shell RTT camping the last year, I'd love a GFC or Alucab but you're either all in like $10k or you go soft/hard shell tent( $1500-4000). Soft/hard shell will need a rack (yakima was $1000) and you don't get a full camper type shell and enter on outside of tent. These Alucab's and GFC allow full use of bed then you stand up to the tent. Very cool but very expensive.

baracus

Reaction score
Might also want to look at the SuperPacific. I was considering a GFC or SP but for now I just tow a Patriot X1N trailer which can pretty much go wherever the truck can go. The wedge camper would be great for solo travel but the trailer is better if you have a family. The advantages of the SuperPacific, if I recall correctly, are that it has unobstructed side access, and you can open the doors from the inside, even if it is locked. I won't buy a topper you could accidentally get locked inside of. Its unbelievable how few there are that have that feature

OP
OP
R

RaptorSupreme

Reaction score

Wow, that price! For $7,700 I'll stay in a tent or B&B or a motel!!!!

I too liked the concept of GFC, but their pricing says G F Y. $7700 for what it is, is asinine.

For our trucks its starts at $8200 - I've done soft shell RTT camping the last year, I'd love a GFC or Alucab but you're either all in like $10k or you go soft/hard shell tent( $1500-4000). Soft/hard shell will need a rack (yakima was $1000) and you don't get a full camper type shell and enter on outside of tent. These Alucab's and GFC allow full use of bed then you stand up to the tent. Very cool but very expensive.
When it comes to pricing, yes its expensive, but you are paying for quality and American manufacturing. Also, I encourage you to explore other options out there and you will see why an $8200 price tag is pretty good when compared to the competitors. I did the whole truck bed camping thing for years with a Tacoma and just got sick of the 5 ft bed. The extra 6 inches of the Raptor bed sounds like enough, but when you are over 6ft tall, it still isnt.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it comes to pricing, yes its expensive, but you are paying for quality and American manufacturing. Also, I encourage you to explore other options out there and you will see why an $8200 price tag is pretty good when compared to the competitors. I did the whole truck bed camping thing for years with a Tacoma and just got sick of the 5 ft bed. The extra 6 inches of the Raptor bed sounds like enough, but when you are over 6ft tall, it still isnt.
Yep I know its great quality. I had $2k into a Roam Adventure rtt with Annex, $1800 in a retrax pro and $1000 into a yakima bed cover. Almost 1/2 there and way less efficient is my point.