Go Fast Camper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RaptorSupreme

Reaction score
Not that light, but feels very solid. I would say easily 300 lbs. Took 5 guys to flip, lift, and mount it on the bed...
Geez that doesnt sound light haha. How has your suspension reacted to that kind of weight? Also curious as to why you went that setup over the GFC Platform Camper

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By lil, you mean one of these Patriot X1N trailer?
Nah wise guy- I meant something like this Backpacker2 https://mindseyevideos.com/blogs/mini-campers-small-cars

Or any one of these like the Timberleaf…..

Gotta SERIOUSLY reconsider a $7-9k bed tent that takes up the whole bed & you gotta lug around & set up every time….

OP
OP
R

RaptorSupreme

Reaction score
Nah wise guy- I meant something like this Backpacker2 https://mindseyevideos.com/blogs/mini-campers-small-cars

Gotta SERIOUSLY reconsider a $7-9k bed tent that takes up the whole bed & you gotta lug around & set up every time….
Thats the nice thing about something like the GFC is that it is basically a camper shell with a tent on top. It leaves your whole bed open and then when you want to use the tent, you literally just push up on the top lid and camp is set up in like 45 seconds

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hey, that’s not bad either. Hellava lot cheaper than that Patriot X1, that’s for damn sure. Lol

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The GFC's are expensive but I haven't seen many campers that can take the off road punishment so well. I've seen a few Carli equipped RAM's getting wild with GFC's

For those of you with IG

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The GFC's are expensive but I haven't seen many campers that can take the off road punishment so well. I've seen a few Carli equipped RAM's getting wild with GFC's

For those of you with IG

That was badass! I give it 2 thumbs up…

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another one to consider. Kinda like a soft sided truck camper when set-up, but it has everything in the full out version. Hold on to your hats though- starts at about $15k and runs up to about $40k.

I'd lean toward an offroad trailer for that money, but if you have the right application, it might work.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the GFC idea. Wasn’t in my budget though. I opted for Rightline gear bed tent. Sets up with the tailgate down so you get 7 feet of sleeping area. When I’m transport mode it’s no larger then two 1 gallon paint cans stacked. Weights less than 10 pounds including the fitted mattress and sleeps 2 very comfortably. Total cost including fitted mattress was under $200 shipped to my door. Sets up in maybe 5 minutes after you’ve done it twice. Links below:

Attachments

• E0ED91E8-D0E4-409A-9BD9-19713559A5BE.jpeg
    E0ED91E8-D0E4-409A-9BD9-19713559A5BE.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 904A9741-D82F-4FBA-A9D1-6122B440539E.jpeg
    904A9741-D82F-4FBA-A9D1-6122B440539E.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: