GMC Hummer SuperTruck 10/20/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am struggling here, a forum for Raptors has now gone into total political territory. Now the last quite a few posts had what to do with Raptors or the initial EV powered product?
You’re right. The nonsense is super loud in here and will only get louder. I’m out of this one.

I like the idea of an electric truck but not the price.

Last edited:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a cool concept but I don't trust GM anymore. I have been burnt on their SUVs twice.

Out of the two I am taking the cybertruck
I’d lean that way if Tesla could build with quality. I’m not a truck guy so I don’t mind the weird el-camino styling at all. But I have a feeling GM is gonna hit this one out of the park. They’re due. And they desperately need it.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I may have missed it with all of the commotion about the other EV trucks that are coming out.
I received this email about the GMC HUMMER SuperTruck Pickup with up to 1000hp 0-60 in 3 seconds. 11,500 tow rating and just from the short clip it looks like it has 4 wheel steering that was similar to the Honda Prelude that I had owned long ago, which was a fun to drive and blew peoples minds when you parked it and they actually were able to see the rear wheels steer

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

More than likely not my thing, but the truck is interesting!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d lean that way if Tesla could build with quality. I’m not a truck guy so I don’t mind the weird el-camino styling at all. But I have a feeling GM is gonna hit this one out of the park. They’re due. And they desperately need it.

I agree - they're gonna make this a "halo" vehicle but on an even higher level than a Z06/ZR1 vette....wondering if they may debut a C8 model w/ the actual "Zora" namesake & maybe it won't even really be a vette could be a crazy hybrid or all electric supercar to compliment the Hummer supertruck.

If they're paying Lebron to push it, slapping the Hummer badge on it, & hyping it this much I dont think they're going to come w/ anything less than a grand slam, need to shake things up a bit, maybe skipping the whole "high spec baja ready offfroad variation" of a 1/2 ton or HD altogether, don't bother competing w/ Ford & Ram on that at all let 'em duke it out (yeah there's the trail boss/AT4 but not same thing as power wagon/tremor/raptor/trx) & JUMP right into the Tesla/Rivian niche market of a super high tech outrageous all Electric "supertruck" - not a bad move GM, not a bad move at all.

Don't show up late to compete in what's gonna be an already crowded "niche" market (don't worry Toyota will take that bait hook line & sinker) instead CREATE a whole new niche market by being the first to debut something this nuts in the EV realm.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea.

But no way GM comes to market on time or on budget and with advertised specs.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has any price point(s) been released yet? I’m sure this will be a pricey vehicle to say the least. Coming to market on time is certainly one thing.

What type of production volume are they looking to produce is another. Curious on who will be there battery supplier. The most difficult piece of the whole vehicle.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn’t. Jewish is a nationality not a race. The word you’re looking for is xenophobic