GMC Hummer SuperTruck 10/20/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have missed it with all of the commotion about the other EV trucks that are coming out.
I received this email about the GMC HUMMER SuperTruck Pickup with up to 1000hp 0-60 in 3 seconds. 11,500 tow rating and just from the short clip it looks like it has 4 wheel steering that was similar to the Honda Prelude that I had owned long ago, which was a fun to drive and blew peoples minds when you parked it and they actually were able to see the rear wheels steer

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the older GMC Denalis had 4 wheel steering.
I had forgot all about that. I know that various different car manufactures have used it over the years and in a truck it had to make parking a little bit easier. I know with the honda it was controlled by a speed sensor and when you would change lanes on the highway at 55 mph it seemed to just glide over. While driving at slow speeds the rear wheels would not always stay in the direction that you were turning, they would straighten out and turn the opposite way and then back into the turn. I don't know if the Denali was like that, do you remember if was it an option or part of the Denali package?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had forgot all about that. I know that various different car manufactures have used it over the years and in a truck it had to make parking a little bit easier. I know with the honda it was controlled by a speed sensor and when you would change lanes on the highway at 55 mph it seemed to just glide over. While driving at slow speeds the rear wheels would not always stay in the direction that you were turning, they would straighten out and turn the opposite way and then back into the turn. I don't know if the Denali was like that, do you remember if was it an option or part of the Denali package?
When it first came out in 2004-ish it was a $4K option.

DeerHunter44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting for sure. Looks pretty neat and innovative. Still not sold on the range of the new EVs especially big vehicles. I live where the wind blows a lot and driving into a 40 mph headwind to get home from work or a hunting trip I wouldn’t want to run out of battery. I easily lose 25% range on my gas/diesel trucks on those trips. Starting with only 250 miles and then losing range off of that would never work here. Wide open spaces with no place to stop and recharge. Maybe the infrastructure will eventually improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it first came out in 2004-ish it was a $4K option.
Yikes! That is a big dollar option that isn't big and shiny or making a lot of power or noise, I wonder how many people really sprung for it vs it ordered by the dealer sitting on the lot

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have missed it with all of the commotion about the other EV trucks that are coming out.
I received this email about the GMC HUMMER SuperTruck Pickup with up to 1000hp 0-60 in 3 seconds. 11,500 tow rating and just from the short clip it looks like it has 4 wheel steering that was similar to the Honda Prelude that I had owned long ago, which was a fun to drive and blew peoples minds when you parked it and they actually were able to see the rear wheels steer

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

Lebron is their spokesperson? Good luck with that, guy is a grade A *********.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you have million$, you can pay people to help make you hundreds of millions and billions... he’s a DB 100000% because of his mouth, not because of his $$.

That truck is pretty sick though.