GLRE's Spring 14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought it would be hard to top Spring13, but we definitely surpassed it. Really an awesome trip with a great group of peeps, even despite some rather significant setback for myself early on ;) Jason, Mark & Heather really mapped out a great day of trials, and best of all Hotels with Bars... Big Thanks to all.

More anonymously, I would like to reach out and thank all who aided in the pouring rain early Saturday morning. Our crafty Detroit natives, who in minutes equipped with some wood chips and OE truck antenna, surpassed the security barriers of my locked and running modern truck. If your truck goes missing in the greater Detroit area, PM me, I may have a few leads for ya.... Jordan IOU (1) raptor antenna, "That's as good as money, sir. Those are I.O.U.'s. Might wanna hang onto that one."

If that wasn't enough, sporting 2 empty 5 gallon jugs is probably not ideal for future runs, so another hat tip to those who provided and got drenched during my trail fuel refills. Looking back the 'Long Island' fuel rate of $26.50/gal seems semi-reasonable now :think:

To carry on the theme of being "that guy", I gave myself the opportunity to try out my new set of waders, which were purchased the day after returning from spring13. Those proved to be equally priceless to dr Tony's winch, which yanked me from yet another mudhole... 2 years ina row, consistency has some merit, right?

Looking back at all my setbacks on Saturday, these MI spring runs still rank at the top of my list. Now to focus on Hawks winning the cup, make way Anaheim!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All failsafes and backup failsafes failed :shakehead: was a perfect shit storm that somehow aligned above my head. I'm usually so **** about shutting doors that I always roll my window down(failsafe 1), hopped out to grab something in the passenger door for someone, pass door was locked, back around to drivers door and had a 'no ******* way' moment.

its a 12 with keypad, keycode was in my phone ( failsafe 2), which was in truck too. Hadnt used keycode in a while, had rough idea of it, but learned after 34 incorrect codes it locks you out. Failsafe #3 was to go into my gmail contacts on laptop, but apparently that contact was syncing to apple cloud hell, so no sync at google... Its safe to say that 14 other ppl now know my code now as failsafe #4, plus I emailed it to myself and have plans to tatoo'd it on the inside of my eyelid

For any interested parties, the antenna + a lil duct tape sticky side out on the antenna end is the magic ticket

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is funny!! All the shit lined up for you on that one! You may want to change the code now to foil any future practical jokers. Still not that guy.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill take a cab load full of ****** prank if it means not being locked out again

Just grateful we weren't lining up Jameson the night prior, that woulda been miserable haha To add to it all, I disregarded rule #1, fill up night before. After the lock incident i was a bit behind and out of sorts so might have forgotten to gas up prior to departing ... Oh did i mention i lost a gopro too ;)