Glove box separating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dart raptor

Reaction score
My 2020 did same . Dealer looked at it said they had no problems shutting it. . I just slam it or push twice , it is not right

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is the same and it bugs the **** out of me!! 70k truck and the quality control is this bad. I have been in countless brand new Gen 2's and they all have had this issue.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have been in countless brand new Gen 2's and they all have had this issue.

And yet, only about, what, 10 reported issues here? almost 700 members online while I type, excluding the bots, and this is how many glovebox issues people are reporting.

Maybe it’s not that prevalent. Not to make light of it, just that it’s not affecting so many trucks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's definitely a "thing" on these trucks. I noticed mine was the same about 35 seconds in to the test drive and have seen similar posts on FB about it. IIRC there's a TSB for it I think @FordTechOne posted about it before.

Like @JohnyPython said, I played with the latch on the left side and mine sits a lot better now.

Yes, there is a TSB for this issue with a relatively simple fix.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 19-2341
Glove Compartment Door Difficult To Latch Or Misaligned

This bulletin supersedes 19-2285. Reason for update: Incorrect or Incomplete Symptom

Model:
Ford
2015-2020 F-150
Summary
This article supersedes TSB 19-2285 to update the vehicle model years affected and Service Procedure.

Issue: Some 2015-2020 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a glove compartment door that is difficult to latch on one or both sides or appears misaligned along the storage tray or right side instrument panel when closed. This may be due to the position of the glove compartment storage tray rubber mat or the seating of the glove compartment door strikers or glove compartment door hinge pins. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to reposition or adjust the affected component.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2015-2020 F-150

• Glove compartment door is difficult to latch on one or both sides or appears misaligned.

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a TSB for this issue with a relatively simple fix.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 19-2341
Glove Compartment Door Difficult To Latch Or Misaligned

This bulletin supersedes 19-2285. Reason for update: Incorrect or Incomplete Symptom

Model:
Ford
2015-2020 F-150
Summary
This article supersedes TSB 19-2285 to update the vehicle model years affected and Service Procedure.

Issue: Some 2015-2020 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a glove compartment door that is difficult to latch on one or both sides or appears misaligned along the storage tray or right side instrument panel when closed. This may be due to the position of the glove compartment storage tray rubber mat or the seating of the glove compartment door strikers or glove compartment door hinge pins. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to reposition or adjust the affected component.

Action: Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2015-2020 F-150

• Glove compartment door is difficult to latch on one or both sides or appears misaligned.
Thank you.

I’ll drop it off at ford... I don’t mind tinkering with things, but not bothering with a screwup on a 70k truck with 1,400 miles ya know?

Appreciate the insight people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bottomed the Raptor at Assault so damn hard, the glovebox door slammed open and it wouldn't close at all. Glad it wasn't mine.