Glove box separating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the glove box separating from the dash?

acb60cd30def05f415199d04a06e7c04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2017 looked the exact same. I tore it apart and realigned everything and still had annoying gap, so I put sticky velcro along the inside that pulls it up tight when shut.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the side that is staying open, there is a rubber bumper.
I do not recall if it is on the door or the box.
Remove it and the door will close normally.
I do not know why it is there, unless for assembly or shipping purposes.

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the side that is staying open, there is a rubber bumper.
I do not recall if it is on the door or the box.
Remove it and the door will close normally.
I do not know why it is there, unless for assembly or shipping purposes.
I’ll check... but this just started out of nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattrofact

Reaction score
Had the same issue and the glove box was removed and reinstalled properly under warranty. Also had an issue where the door card armrest leather lost its texture and that was also replaced under warranty.

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue with my '20 and glad to see dealerships are taking care of it.

ChrisK661

Reaction score
Mine came with a small gap but between the fluted item and the wall not the box door. Does it close? warranty item. That sucks

raptor ghost

Reaction score
My 2017 looked the exact same. I tore it apart and realigned everything and still had annoying gap, so I put sticky velcro along the inside that pulls it up tight when shut.

^Had the same exact issue after I switched out the cabin air filter and it drove me nuts. Slightly a bit ocd so I took a couple hours to figure it out that I put it back together wrong

full

If you do not engage that one clip at the bottom most left corner of the cabin air filter cover (see 9:11 in the youtube clip). Even if you tighten down the two bolts without getting the leftmost clip engaged you'll still have a gap as pictured above. you may have to slightly flex the edges/taco them towards you and firmly push it into place until it latches

also possible the clips were broken at some point, but more likely it wasnt snapped back in place firmly enough