Glove box “soft” opening broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonass23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was replacing my cabin filter, I noticed a small gear that was well lined with white grease laying in the bottom of the compartment (behind the glove box). I assumed it belonged to the “soft” open mechanism pictured here. The round part on the lever 64C234E2-DA3E-4D57-8112-AD78C4EFB63C.jpeg

I used a pick and pried the front and back ******** the circle and pulled the shaft/lever out.
01F1F263-8CDC-4E65-ACD2-07A8DA1EDEF2.jpegDC0FA43F-1BD8-4286-8820-EF36950BB4C7.jpeg

Sure enough, the little gear mechanism fit in the circle part and the “soft” open feature works again!!

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine broke the other day as well, same job I was doing, but it broke (even though I remove the arm from the glove box 1st) @ the tab that insert into the dash - where yours broke. Fortunately, the insert piece fell to the floor and I just recently purchased a plastic weld gun and waa-laa...welded it back together and all is right in the world! Moral of the story, Ford should have done better than utilize cheap-ass plastic parts where metal would hold up....and, my ******* shouldn't work on things when its cold outside with my paws