GEN 2 GJ Motorsports Raptor 2017+ 3rd Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stirring up an old thread here.. I have come to the conclusion that the pro is too bright in the center location (white - work/scene light). What are everyone's thoughts on the pro vs. sport for the outer ambers? My first offroad event is the 2020 SnoBall. Wondering if the amber pros might also be too bright for chase lights? I wouldn't mind saving the money and going with the sports if possible. Thanks in advance.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the S2 Sport in my center and it's pretty bright. So I'd imagine the pro is WAY too bright (sure it'll light up the bed great but it'll also blind you if you look at it).

However for the outter ambers, i'd say maybe S2 Pros in Amber work/scene might be good. Remember the ambers are going to be on while your running and you WANT people to see them. Sports will do the job but im thinking Pros might be even better to REALLY let those guys coming up on you see you.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have sports in both and don’t think pros are necessary. I can’t look at the back of the truck when it’s on and they both cut through the dust. Pros/racer for the front sport for rear do t want to blind the driver behind you and I haven’t thought once that I wish they were brighter. My .02¢

One thing I would recommend is when you get he light but a extra seal. I had to take mine off to play with the wiring and it’s been a nightmare trying to get a replacement and with winter coming I’m getting nervous.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have sports in both and don’t think pros are necessary. I can’t look at the back of the truck when it’s on and they both cut through the dust. Pros/racer for the front sport for rear do t want to blind the driver behind you and I haven’t thought once that I wish they were brighter. My .02¢

One thing I would recommend is when you get he light but a extra seal. I had to take mine off to play with the wiring and it’s been a nightmare trying to get a replacement and with winter coming I’m getting nervous.

I ended up going with the pros because I didn't read this before I ordered. I guess I will run it for the SnoBall and decide if they are too bright, I will use them somewhere up front and buy sports to replace them.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my seal came damaged... never did get a reply from gj motorsports.. wished i bought it from a vendor, maybe get a reply actually..

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Pros and I love them. More light is more better IMHO. I even upgraded my center light (which I use for a brake like) to a Pro from the Sport.
I’m sure you love them, the guy behind you... Not so much. I went on a run and a bunch of us have the sports, those are borderline too bright.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
my seal came damaged... never did get a reply from gj motorsports.. wished i bought it from a vendor, maybe get a reply actually..
He is a good dude try calling him. I talked to him today and he is going to most likely add them to the website to order. They are going to be about $10.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the pro in the center and it was very bright. Every time I opened my door to take a wiz it blinded the truck sitting behind me so my new truck got all sports. I think they are bright enough while moving but even the sports might be to bright for the truck sitting behind you at stops

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with the pros because I didn't read this before I ordered. I guess I will run it for the SnoBall and decide if they are too bright, I will use them somewhere up front and buy sports to replace them.

I had sports at the last snoball. Plenty bright while driving and too bright while stopped. It got to the point the guy behind me asked for a warning so they could look away before I turned it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk