GEN 2 GJ Motorsports Raptor 2017+ 3rd Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
That's the antenna I use too. I would maybe look for the version that has a rubber spring instead of coil spring. Mine makes some funny noises rocking back and forward when I hit branches etc.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is 38mhz bandwidth acceptable? Compared to 20mhz? I’m new and learning.

I guess maybe it depends on your radio? I'm going to be running (I have the radio/have the mount/ have to install it still) a Rugged Radio RM-60 and it was recommended to get the antenna I linked. I'm not a big radio guy either (ironically my father is a ham radio operator) so I'm not 100% sure myself.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess maybe it depends on your radio? I'm going to be running (I have the radio/have the mount/ have to install it still) a Rugged Radio RM-60 and it was recommended to get the antenna I linked. I'm not a big radio guy either (ironically my father is a ham radio operator) so I'm not 100% sure myself.
I will be getting a radio from Keith at LVJ, most likely icom. My late stepfather was big into ham radios too, I helped him build them when I was a kid.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Keith will be able to recommend antenna options. He works closely with GJ obviously. Main thing is you need a "no ground plane" VHF one.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered my second GJ Third Brake light. This one is for the 19 I just ordered. I went with all Sport lights this time, I had a Pro in the center position last time and it was way to bright for anyone parked behind me at a run since it went on every time you open a door. My Gen1 version was bought off my truck in the drug store parking lot the day I decided to sell that truck.

I had the reverse wire harness and it was really great to have it come on automatically each time.

This is a great Mod and will be the second mod to the new truck behind Husky rubber floor mats. Thats how important and cool of a mod I think this is. Highly recommend!!!

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my GJ from 4x4ledlights. Think I’m going to wrap my roof before I install it.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi i installed my gj 3rd brake light a little while ago.. debating swapping my s2 pro for a regular s2 for middle position. but wondering, has anyone tried to angle the middle light downwards a bit? is there enough space to do something like that?

everytime i go home... i get greeted by my neighbor across the street... LOL