GJ Motorsports 3rd Brakelight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Work/Scene is best for camp lighting, bed lighting, or just lighting up the general work area. This is ideal when mounted up high and aiming down on an area.

Wide Cornering is ideal for backup applications when mounted lower on the vehicle (bumper height).

Here is one S2 Pro, Work/Scene
38526737946_ed910ef01e_h.jpg

www.bajadesigns.com

So go for the work scene white in the middle and two amber spots on the sides for dust?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So go for the work scene white in the middle and two amber spots on the sides for dust?

I wouldnt go spot for dust. Driving/combo or wide cornering.

At night, amber spot chase lights can be pretty dangerous to the driver approaching your rear.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I wouldnt go spot for dust. Driving/combo or wide cornering.

At night, amber spot chase lights can be pretty dangerous to the driver approaching your rear.

Then they should back-off.... so seems like spot would be most beneficial.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Then they should back-off.... so seems like spot would be most beneficial.

But if your spot blows out their night vision and they take a header into an inanimate object because of it, you're now a real *******.

You can see the wide/cornering or driving lights just fine from a good distance away.

If you're worried, add a flasher to your chase lights. It will draw more attention than burning their eyes out.

If anyone is coming up on you THAT fast that you'd need the distance that spots produce, you're on the wrong freaking route and getting run down by trophy trucks.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
But if your spot blows out their night vision and they take a header into an inanimate object because of it, you're now a real *******.

You can see the wide/cornering or driving lights just fine from a good distance away.

If you're worried, add a flasher to your chase lights. It will draw more attention than burning their eyes out.

If anyone is coming up on you THAT fast that you'd need the distance that spots produce, you're on the wrong freaking route and getting run down by trophy trucks.

They're beneficial. I had guys in NV comment on how great it was to know someone was ahead of them through the dust.

As for someone flying up on you, you haven't been on a run with @mnblly yet, have you?

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in this. Looks great. Would the seal/ gasket be alot better than the Ford OEM?

I had to replace mine 2x under warranty due to water damage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The Spot pattern will get the most attention but be careful at night running two S2 Pros in Spot. They are very powerful! I personally like the Amber Driving/Combo. Here is just one S2 Pro, Amber Spot cutting through the dust.

35611435494_789225b562_h.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

I am putting a clear work scene in the middle. On the right and left, I am going with driving/combo ambers and the one on the left, I will be flipping the lens. In my opinion, you want the spot part of the combo facing the rear directly and the wide part of the lens on the farthest outside edge on each side. I have seen where spots are used and you cannot see it from the side if the truck is turned slightly sideways. Having the wide on the far ends should help being seen from an angle. I am going with all S2 Pros.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
They're beneficial. I had guys in NV comment on how great it was to know someone was ahead of them through the dust.

As for someone flying up on you, you haven't been on a run with @mnblly yet, have you?

i have not been out on a run with mnbily...

BUT, If y'all want to invite me to come run, I'll happily switch my squadron lenses out for spot to be safe. :biggrin:

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome unit and definitely being considered.

How many screws mount these to the cab? Are they upgraded from the stock lense mounting screws? I'm concerned about the extra weight and size of the unit and whether it will hold up to being jarred around or if a car wash brush will damage it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk