GJ Motorsports 3rd Brakelight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few reasons we don't offer black bolts on these first and for most, they just don't have the corrosion resistance of a OE bolt or 316 stainless. The 2 options are really aluminium plated bolts that are then anodised or black oxide bolts. The former will fade over time, the latter will corrode and are not really suitable. The best option is to grab some black paint or nail polish and black them out after the light is installed on the truck. This will eliminate the possibility of tool marks in what ever you use to black them out.

Makes perfect sense. The silver bolts still look excellent but was curious about the black. Now I get it.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@t_j
Do these come with replacement bolts and nut clips (stronger hopefully) to attach to the cab or are we supposed to use the existing OEM ones?

For the Gen 1s we'll provide a longer bolt. For Gen 2s customers will be reusing the factory bolts.

We're exploring different nut clips but at this time we haven't found what we're looking for.

I've been testing the housing for a month now and haven't had any movement (I jump the truck a lot) or issues with water getting in (touch less car wash and hand wash).

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crawled out from under a rock on this one apparently. Stumbled across this on IG yesterday and ordered immediately. Had a couple questions that T_J answered in no time. Good work guys, looking forward to getting my setup!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@t_j
Do these come with replacement bolts and nut clips (stronger hopefully) to attach to the cab or are we supposed to use the existing OEM ones?

Replacement hardware is included with the Gen1 lights. We have had one report of a failing OE clip on a Gen2 light so far and have ordered some hardware to test to solve the issue, if it works it will be shipped out to all Gen2 customers for free.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Gen 1s will start to go out next week.

All Gen 2 orders prior to 6/14 have shipped. All Gen 1 orders prior to 6/14 with either basic or STT harnesses have shipped, a few with reverse harnesses have also shipped, we are getting a delivery of harnesses from LVJ Motorsports some time before Money, the remaining orders (33%) received before 6/14 will ship Monday.