GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go with S2 Sports or Pro's?
I'm going amber (work/flood) for two outsides and white (work/flood) for center.
Planning on up fitter 5 and 6 (since that's all I have left) but beyond that, not sure how I plan to wire it in just yet.

I went with the sport for the Amber's, and pro for the center clear. I wired the Amber's to switch 3. The center light is tied into the reverse harness so it turns on when I'm in reverse. I can also turn it on with the switch in the bed for the bed lights and the stock switch on the dash in the cab. I'm very happy with it!

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the sport for the Amber's, and pro for the center clear. I wired the Amber's to switch 3. The center light is tied into the reverse harness so it turns on when I'm in reverse. I can also turn it on with the switch in the bed for the bed lights and the stock switch on the dash in the cab. I'm very happy with it!

Thanks. I just put in an order.

I went with Amber S2 Pro's for the two outside lights - in work/scene.
I went White S2 Sport in driving combo for center.

I will have the center light tied into reverse and cargo wiring (not switched to upfitter).
I will have the two outside S2 Pro's together on Upfitter 5.

While it may be too late to change my order, anyone see any issues/concerns with this configuration?

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went driving/combo for the 2 Amber's and work/scene for the white center. The driving/combo one of the lenses are different. I'll take a closer pic and post it. GJ also sells a 2 way y-splitter to link the 2 lights togeather it's all plug and play.
20190428_134311.jpg

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went driving/combo for the 2 Amber's and work/scene for the white center. The driving/combo one of the lenses are different. I'll take a closer pic and post it. GJ also sells a 2 way y-splitter to link the 2 lights togeather it's all plug and play.
View attachment 122647

Thanks, yes...I added the Y splitter to link the two amber together.

Funny, where you went Sport, I went Pro and vise versa...
And where you went driving combo, I went work/scene and vice versa.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. I just put in an order.

I went with Amber S2 Pro's for the two outside lights - in work/scene.
I went White S2 Sport in driving combo for center.

I will have the center light tied into reverse and cargo wiring (not switched to upfitter).
I will have the two outside S2 Pro's together on Upfitter 5.

While it may be too late to change my order, anyone see any issues/concerns with this configuration?

Not too late to change it... i don't know if the Driving/Combo is the best idea for the center though... i'd say do a work/scene or wide cornering... driving/combo will give you 1 side that is wide and 1 side that is spot...

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too late to change it... i don't know if the Driving/Combo is the best idea for the center though... i'd say do a work/scene or wide cornering... driving/combo will give you 1 side that is wide and 1 side that is spot...

Thx! Good thing I ordered through you then...
Would you mind changing my center S2 Sport to Work/Scene?

Help me understand if the two outside Amber will be overkill as S2 Pro's?
Aside from the $56 upgrade for S2 Pro's what made you go Sports all around?
Thanks again.